Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that most of the chosen few know they will need to turn up the boost to see the gains. just remember boost is your friend, if your skeered stay @ the house.

I think Red A. once said that boost is "just the air that didn't make it into the motor"....... :D

But,

I would think that a proper comparison would compare the turbos at several discrete boost levels. I.e. make dyno runs at 15 psi, 20 psi, and 25 psi. Of course, each level should be properly tuned in if possible.

I'm not sure how much time will be available for each comparison, but lets be careful to make sure the tests are as properly structured as possible.

Bob

I just hope that most of the chosen few know they will need to turn up the boost to see the gains. just remember boost is your friend, if your skeered stay @ the house.

Letting it all hang out ( as far is I can go on premium fuel, as this represents a street car)....if it has a problem I have the perfect place to fix it....:biggrin:

Letting it all hang out ( as far is I can go on 93 octane, as this represents a street car)....if it has a problem I have the perfect place to fix it....:biggrin:
Congrats Rick! See ya at the line! ;)

SW.

I will be recording with my Flip HD and will try to get it up on youtube asap...

Bring it, don't sing it:biggrin: I was hoping you were coming though...

Glad to hear it Shane. I'll be looking foward to the vids.:cool: Wish I could be there but this time I'm stuck. Send me your address and I'll send you some of the stuff I sent Ty for Christmas.:eek::biggrin: I think you'll like it as much as Ty did.:cool:

One things for sure, it's going to be very interesting. I will make sure to video tape as much as possible and will try to post a "Results" post after Monday. Patrick

I'm looking foward to see what you post Patrick. Now if only you guys would come up with a turbo for the un-updatable B4Black cars.:biggrin:

Ask and you shall receive...

<snip, snip>

Tyler Shull: Cast PT6765 water cooled dual ball bearing S cover to Billet 6765 air cooled dual ball bearing and S cover. Built production 109 motor.

Patrick

i cant wait to see this one....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have freed myself up for a few days and will be there for mon and tues if you guys need any help with the challenge.
See ya there!

I have freed myself up for a few days and will be there for mon and tues if you guys need any help with the challenge.
See ya there!

Cal already volunteered to help do my swap. :rolleyes: :biggrin: so I may need some assistance. ;)

Attn Winners

Please be at RC's no later than 830 am with cars, we will try and get them all together in dyno building as we need to start around 9am...

Steve Sullivan: Cast PT70 HPQ journal bearing .85 3-bolt to Billet CEA 71 HPQ air cooled dual ball bearing H cover with .85 3-bolt housing. TSM combo.

Patrick

It will be interesting to compare a 9.000x turbo to a 8.89x turbo on a 9.60 car. The spoolup characteristics will probably be on the only gain, might even see a power drop going to the 71 at the same boost.

So Billy, are you going? Hope to see your car there now that the snow is all gone and the rain this weekend should be rinsing the salt off the roads.

My car is on jack stands. My driveshaft is at Denny's, had to send back the driveshaft to be lengthened by 1" phuckin inch. :mad:

Someone had to keep me posted that he was going Didn't know he was going until I read it here.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

My car is on jack stands. My driveshaft is at Denny's, had to send back the driveshaft to be lengthened by 1" phuckin inch. :mad:

Someone had to keep me posted that he was going Didn't know he was going until I read it here.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
I just decided last night,i have to drive right by your house,pack a bag and take a few days off,i plan on coming home late tues or wed at this point.
I am taking the Benz so it will be a nice ride :cool:

These comparisons will be looked at for a long time! These choices cover alot of interesting combinations...

I am looking forward to seeing the 71 billet numbers.

Looks like the only "real" challenge is the 6765 against the 6765 from Tylers car. This should be very interesting, showing the real world difference in the billet turbos.

See you all there.

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.