windows xp and fast

NEARING

Will my FAST work with windows XP? the previous owner told me no. I haven't had any luck getting it to work with my lap top or another friends win XP lap top.
Another member hooked up his non XP to my car and it worked fine. Am I SOL?
thanks

I had no luck with the DOS version so I upgraded to the Windows version and so far I've been able to tune the car with my XP machine. The more windows you open, the slower the response in each window. Dashboard is too small to view while driving. I think the package needs a lot of revisions but its a good start.

86 GN, T-Tops, ported/polished heads, hydraulic roller, stretch IC, TE45, 55# inj., a whole bunch of chassis stiffening, 13.5" brakes all around.

The DOS version definitely will not work with XP. We have had the Windows version working with XP. There are some minor issues that have no impact on using the software but we have done it successfully.

I've been hearing from a few people that they can't get the Windows version of C-Com to work either, but I am not sure why. XP doesn't seem to be any fun yet. If it's what you have, I guess it's worth a shot, but I personally would avoid it if you have the opportunity.

Thanks, I got an adapter so I'll give it a try.
Since this will be the 1st sime the FAST will be "talking" to this
new lap top it isn't going to screw anything up if I don't tell it to change anything will it?

Re: No

Originally posted by Streetracer00
You are not SOL. XP + C-ComWP = works.. and I have no serial port (using an adapter).

What kind of USB to serial adapter are you using? I've got a friend who bought a new laptop and his USB to serial adapter is giving us fits. Sometimes it will work the way it is intended to, and others it loses it's mind. It will act like the serial port is gone all of a sudden and not talkie talkie to the ECU. Other than that, the only issue we've run into is sometimes we can't get the Realtime Logging screen to come up when we hit F8. It will just sit there and look at us. Or if it does come up, sometimes when he hit Enter to arm the trigger it just sits there and looks at us. Most annoying when you're on the starting line trying to make a pass.