Wifes is taking my 4 kids and leaving me. Must sell 86 Gn with Astroroof

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think selling the car is going to fix things IMO. I can understand you wanting to save your marriage, but the car is probably the least of your issues. Good luck with everything. It sucks when things fall apart at home.

Good luck brother....but as one that has lived through that misfortune twice....getting rid of the car ain't gonna right the ship.

This

Keep the car. You'll be glad you did when the dust settles.

She got the boobs,you get the car....my opinion........be happy with the way your wives are,,,boobs just have other guys chasing her......

Thanks all.

Being marriage is 50/50, this isn't all her fault. When I got back from Iraq, I was taking some pretty heavy meds. My job was to work with Mortuary Affairs cleaning blow up vehicles of body parts and sanitize them for retrograde. Not a fun job considering we lost 84 soldiers during our deployment and two I had to "clean up" after, I knew personally. Wife asked several times of me to be more involved with her but I think the meds numbs whatever feelings/drive I had so I just didn't listen.

Now since she dropped the "nuclear option" I got off the meds, better to feel everything than nothing at all, and trying to get more involved. Spent 17 grand on her for a mommy make over in May before she turned 40. Several other guys in the guard unit with similiar backgrounds ( Field grade officers like myself with 12-16 years of marriage and kids) got the same speech and they are working it out. Can't understand why she won't.

Our marriage therapist thinks this could work, but she is that type to not change her mind even when she know it going to wreck both us. Hoping the therapist can help her see that you can change your mind and not seem weak. I don't know, maybe she having a mid-life crisis.

Anyways, I can get another car if this works out. If not, I'll try going back active duty. To many bad memories to stay around here plus the kids can live on base with me.

Wow I guess I better go home and kiss my wife then. She would Divorce me if I got rid of the Buicks!!
I under stand the 50/50 deal in marriage Im sure being away from home for a while and her having to raise 4 kids by herself
can be stressful but many do it and keep it together for their husbands when they come home. remeber its not like you where on vacation or a business trip. Overall it's still a car and nothing is worth more than your children and happiness. Good luck and Thankyou for your Service to this great country.

By the way, my divorce and her leaving me for someone else came after i spent 5k on her for boobs. At least i got to enjoy them some before she left me and said that she did not love me anymore. lol.

By the way, my divorce and her leaving me for someone else came after i spent 5k on her for boobs. At least i got to enjoy them some before she left me and said that she did not love me anymore. lol.

thats the tell tale signs they are on the prowl,,,honey i want boobs......honey my boobs got me the new guy....see ya.....sad world we live in..

Most women won't treat men the way they want to be treated so looking at those statistics marriage is a huge risk. I wouldn't advise anyone to do it if they are somewhat successful or have the potential to have a net worth that will be rapidly increasing in the future. Same goes for successful women. Don't waste time with bums who have nothing and you can't get burned.

Man, I feel sorry for you. Since I'm happily married I can't comment on what you "need" to do. My only advice is if you can handle the finacial aspect of keeping the car, do it. You can love your wife and own a car for fun. She has to be willing to see that. Don't let the kids be used as pawns if you can, seen too many kids go bad when torn between parents regardless of a divorce or marriage. You went through tough times in the service, thank you for doing it.

Man, I feel sorry for you. Since I'm happily married I can't comment on what you "need" to do. My only advice is if you can handle the finacial aspect of keeping the car, do it. You can love your wife and own a car for fun. She has to be willing to see that. Don't let the kids be used as pawns if you can, seen too many kids go bad when torn between parents regardless of a divorce or marriage. You went through tough times in the service, thank you for doing it.

Yes, I want to take time to thank you for what you have sacrificed in the service for all us American's. I am very sorry to hear your wife cant be more understanding on your situation and live up to the vow's she made in front of God and all.....but I am sure he has a better plan for you. Keep your head up, keep your head straight, brush the dirt off your shoulder and push on.

Yes, I want to take time to thank you for what you have sacrificed in the service for all us American's. I am very sorry to hear your wife cant be more understanding on your situation and live up to the vow's she made in front of God and all.....but I am sure he has a better plan for you. Keep your head up, keep your head straight, brush the dirt off your shoulder and push on.

well said Crazy!!!

So let me get this straight, you can spend money on her but you can't have anything you want out of life after going through all the shit you have? Tell her if the Buick has to be sold the mommy makeover has to go back too.

So sorry that life is not how she likes it. That is life. That is marriage, also known as sacrifice. She needs to remember that she volunteered for this and she is responsible for being exactly where she is at. That is on her not you.

Thank you for your service. You have earned the right to be happy and you should not have to give up something that makes you happy. Perhaps she needs to see that the car is much more of a happy place for you and she should support you in going to car shows, a cruise for ice cream and so on.

Don't let her BS you. She needs you just as much as you need her. Basic tactics; you and your kids can be happy without being married to her. I know you want to make it work and I know you don't want your kids to suffer. Your kids will be happy as long as one thing happens, you are happy. That can be with her or without her. When she has to realize what life will be like alone she will have a change of heart.

You do what is best for you. If she gave a damn about you, she would back you up all the way.

I am very sorry you have to go through this after all the things you have endured. YOU DESREVE TO BE HAPPY.

Also remember this, imo, a woman will not leave something secure(especially having kids) to go to the unknown and starting out all over again, unless she has something else in the works. ie, another man. Ask me how I know

I just had to sell mine after I owned it for 10 years!!! Same thing, she left. It was the house of the car. She didn't want the house so I sold the car in hopes to get another one with an astroroof one day. Just cant do it now!! Hold onto it for another 2 years then look me up, seriously!! Unless you really need to get rid of it now.

Bad situation for sure. I hope all goes well.

Randy

Just tried to call. I saw your selling price, I might beable to work with you on it. Call me. I'll PM you.

Take out a life insurance policy on her and then watch a bunch of those "mastermind" and "American Greed" and blah blah blah shows so you know what NOT TO DO. Then move to the beach, put the kids in a private school and spend the rest of your life surrounded by naked freaks. And yes, any pharmaceutical other than antibiotics are the devil incarnate. I know so many people taking so many drugs for so many reasons and the problems get nothing but worse and worse, congrats for getting off the meds!

And yea, keep the car, your gonna need it.

Kneejerk reaction here I think.
Large head not thinking clearly.
And no need to castrate one's self, in the hope that some dame might like you more.
Or even "might" like you.
Yuck!
And trust me - they get crazier with age, not less crazy.
The GN will age quite gracefuly, and still turn heads in several years.

There are three other cars on that list that would be sold before the Grand National.
And it would be more if the list was longer.

Women are like cars..you like alot of them, but can't keep em all.

I lost my TWO Grand Nationals in one hell fire; scorched earth divorce.
It took me ten years to get back to even.
Then replaced the Grand Nationals with 1-86; 1-87; 1-86 WH1; and 1-WE4.
The last two were just for good measure.

This car - if it is free of rust - is a keeper.
The other thing - not so much.
Once they say stupid hurtful stuff - it's buh bye time.

SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR STORY! I ALSO LIVED THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION.MY BEST ADVISE IS TO CALL ON THE LORD FOR HELP,LOVE YOUR CHILDREN, BE THE SAME FATHER (THE ROCK) OF YOUR FAMILY..AS ANOTHER MEMBER STATED, THERE IS MOST LIKELY MORE GOING ON THAN YOU REALIZE...I TOOK ME 4 MO TO FINALLY FIGURE OUT WAS GOING ON. WHY A LADY WOULD HURT (YES HURT) HER 4 CHILDREN IS BEYOND ME! THE CHILDREN SUFFER THE MOST IN ALL THESE SITUATIONS..ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU DIFFERENT IS FULL OF IT! STAY STRONG MY FRIEND!! I AM SOMEWHAT LOCAL TO YOU, IF YOU NEED AN EAR OR SOME SUPPORT, JUST ASK.. YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS..

Status
Not open for further replies.