Wifes is taking my 4 kids and leaving me. Must sell 86 Gn with Astroroof

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj86gn

Hey,

The title says it all, Got hit with the “I don’t love you anymore and I want a divorce” speech recently. Realized that having stuff doesn’t mean a thing if the wife after 12 year and 4 kids bails. So, I need to get rid of the car and other items.

Here’s the rundown.

1986 Buick GN with astro roof brought on May 3, 2001 with 64,882 miles.

Currently showing 66,806 miles.

Been garaged kept since I have owned her.

Paint would be considered to be 8 out of 10. It was repainted at one time but I don’t know when. Not a trailer queen but excellent for those Friday night cruises.

New fiberglass front bumper fillers. Rears are starting to show some age, original, but are still intact.

Just put new Moog springs/coils and Bilstein shocks on her.

New Fuel pump relay

New fuel Lines

New Powermaster

New Interstate battery

Fuel filter has been changed

Has Casper Thumb Wheel

TPS Tech module

Flowmaster 3” exhaust

Recent PA inspection.
Power antenna does not work.
AC blows cool , just not cold.

Clean Carfax. Here’s the link.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/can-someone-carfax-this-vin-please.69657/

Car is located in Ross Township, north of Pittsburgh, PA. Given me a call at the home phone 412-630-2756.

All I want is what I paid for her. $10,200. Like I said, I don’t want to get rid of her, but I got to try and save my marriage. No use cruising without your baby by your side.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 486
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 507
  • 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 530
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 479
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    937.5 KB · Views: 490
More photos.

Attachments

• 064.JPG
    064.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    949.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 212
  • 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    836.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    681.3 KB · Views: 208
And more

Attachments

• 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    837 KB · Views: 191
  • 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    791.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    797.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 184
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    650.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 069.JPG
    069.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 195
Good luck brother....but as one that has lived through that misfortune twice....getting rid of the car ain't gonna right the ship.

Good luck either way but if youve had the car that long, still enjoy it, and want to keep it then it will just cost you the current value, say the 10k on the balance sheet if a divorce occurs. I would guess GN isfor paid for. The "possible" ex can have the Arcadia and pay for it. So if the arcadia has only 5 equity then she would owe you that and the difference is you'd owe her 5 to keep the GN. Same with other assets. Sorry off topic but also applicable. Important decisions to make in an emotional atmosphere.

i hate this sh!t, this is the second post ive read today on here about guys getting a divorce. I feel for you brother. I really do. I will pray for you guys.

Wish I could keep her. Wife says I have more passion for the GN than her. Maybe she's right. My partner on the PD went thru this several months ago. Started selling all his stuff to prove to his wife that she means more to him that his stuff. It worked. And anyways, if she does go thru with this, I'm screwed anyways. A police officer going thru family court in Pittsburgh is like Hitler being dropped naked in the middle of Israel. Not to mention child support for 4 small kids. Nah, I'll take my chances with this and hopefully marriage counseling. just pray for us going thru this. IT SUCKS!!!!!

Went through one two years ago. We came to a agreement and didn't get the courts involved. The last thing both of you want is a Judge to tell you when you can have your children. The kids need to come before both of you. Wish I had the extra cash for your car.

btw I live in Ross also

Kurt

Sorry to hear about the wife not being happy. I hope everything works out for you bro'. You are absolutely right about having material things without being able to share it with someone you love. Neighbor behind me has it all, 5 bedroom house, new Harley, new SUV, a daily driver, perfectly maintained yard but no wife and kids. They left a few years ago, doesn't seem like a happy guy. I hope your story turns around for the better.

hey man i live in ross off of thompson run rd. if i can be of assistance let me know. trying to sell mine as well just different circumstances. heart issues.

you owned the car for 11 yrs and only put 2k miles,,,i would say you are not obsessed with the car....usually and sorry to say.....women dont just want a divorce if they dont have a lifeline in the shadows ,and to come out and say she dont love you anymore,,,what balls....very sorry to hear about this. i know alot of women that are cheating(8) and dont know one single man/father cheating...what does that say...wish you and your kids the best..

You may not want to hear this but i feel i have to say it being a man once in your shoes. If she says that she does not love you any more, its time to go brother. This is my opinion. You cannot make a woman fall in love with you again no matter what you sell. I kept my cars when i got divorced. I am also a police officer and living in a very liberal city, i know what you are going to go through. Its nothing fun but i would rather be alone than be with someone that does not want to be with me. I understand what you are trying to do to save your marriage but if you are trying to save it because of the financial hit you are going to take in reference to child support, it will only be a matter of time before she gets something up her ass again to divorce you. plus her friends influence her alot too. Put it under someone elses name that you confide in. Be smart about this and not let emotions take control of your common sense. I know that its easier said than done but now that i have a level head again, i can say this. Good luck brother.

Great looking car man. i say keep it;), but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. good luck!

Thanks all.

Being marriage is 50/50, this isn't all her fault. When I got back from Iraq, I was taking some pretty heavy meds. My job was to work with Mortuary Affairs cleaning blow up vehicles of body parts and sanitize them for retrograde. Not a fun job considering we lost 84 soldiers during our deployment and two I had to "clean up" after, I knew personally. Wife asked several times of me to be more involved with her but I think the meds numbs whatever feelings/drive I had so I just didn't listen.

Now since she dropped the "nuclear option" I got off the meds, better to feel everything than nothing at all, and trying to get more involved. Spent 17 grand on her for a mommy make over in May before she turned 40. Several other guys in the guard unit with similiar backgrounds ( Field grade officers like myself with 12-16 years of marriage and kids) got the same speech and they are working it out. Can't understand why she won't.

Our marriage therapist thinks this could work, but she is that type to not change her mind even when she know it going to wreck both us. Hoping the therapist can help her see that you can change your mind and not seem weak. I don't know, maybe she having a mid-life crisis.

Anyways, I can get another car if this works out. If not, I'll try going back active duty. To many bad memories to stay around here plus the kids can live on base with me.

Fatpig said:
hey man i live in ross off of thompson run rd. if i can be of assistance let me know. trying to sell mine as well just different circumstances. heart issues.

Im also in Ross. I'd like to see your car sometime before you sell it. JJ hang in there. And like I said on the phone, if you need anything give me a call!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Status
Not open for further replies.