Why Post Related Buick Materail When There Deleted???

I really think we need a "WHINE" section....just so anyone can go there and whine about something....it would be really neat....what do you think, Shane? Perfect for lots of "whining" I've seen in this forum for some time........

Bruce '87 Grand National

I really think we need a "WHINE" section....just so anyone can go there and whine about something....it would be really neat....what do you think, Shane? Perfect for lots of "whining" I've seen in this forum for some time........

Bruce '87 Grand National
If you didn't notice we've already got one Bruce. It's called the political section.:p

I was banned before i could add my experience's on Stock ECM route....Ding Ding...Round 4 since some people have requested!!!

(the first photo at the beginning of this thread was the build in the thread below,All other pics are Complete other rebuilds after it to correct the issue)
Kevin at KDK in Orlando preformed all the work. (a suposed Buick Pro)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/10-50-87gn-numbers-matching-mayhem.386951/

3 different total builds,tunes,dyno's,eric's custom made chips,stock an modified ECM's , all equaled the same resolute,No power into third at WOT - just over 100mph,I even had Cottens Perf. white GN Trans. installed in my car to solve it, No Effect, His car was having the "Exact" same problem at the time.

I called Cal, Switched to XFI unit, Problem Solved...Don't know what Cottens done,or if they ever got there white car figured out.i think they went to BS3.

I wasn't fighting with anyone,You all just have misunderstood my reasoning...

I've said if your going to "Race" your GN,an it's built to the hilt...aftermarket ECM's the way to go
If your just in the 11.s ,stocks fine....
I planned on tapping the 9's,So i consoled people that'd been there before...All said loose the stock ECM

There's E.T. limit's to ANY stock GN idem's, ECM included ....(ask anyone in the high 8's)
Everyone can build there own car how they like,i was informing folks on my experiences an what's been told to me all long the way....(by the Big Names,not forum junkys)

8^)

But 11's is over 100 MPH. Weren't you saying something about the stock ECM not being able to handle over 100 MPH?

I was banned before i could add my experience's on Stock ECM route....Ding Ding...Round 4 since some people have requested!!!

(the first photo at the beginning of this thread was the build in the thread below,All other pics are Complete other rebuilds after it to correct the issue)
Kevin at KDK in Orlando preformed all the work. (a suposed Buick Pro)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/10-50-87gn-numbers-matching-mayhem.386951/

3 different total builds,tunes,dyno's,eric's custom made chips,stock an modified ECM's , all equaled the same resolute,No power into third at WOT - just over 100mph,I even had Cottens Perf. white GN Trans. installed in my car to solve it, No Effect, His car was having the "Exact" same problem at the time.

I called Cal, Switched to XFI unit, Problem Solved...Don't know what Cottens done,or if they ever got there white car figured out.i think they went to BS3.

I wasn't fighting with anyone,You all just have misunderstood my reasoning...

I've said if your going to "Race" your GN,an it's built to the hilt...aftermarket ECM's the way to go
If your just in the 11.s ,stocks fine....
I planned on tapping the 9's,So i consoled people that'd been there before...All said loose the stock ECM

There's E.T. limit's to ANY stock GN idem's, ECM included ....(ask anyone in the high 8's)
Everyone can build there own car how they like,i was informing folks on my experiences an what's been told to me all long the way....(by the Big Names,not forum junkys)

8^)

Weird. KDK has built 2 of my motors. One was 525hp and current one is 612hp. Never an issue with his assembling or tuning ever. Running low 10's if i could hook. Great guy.

Kevin knows GN's. Guy's been Pontiac tech, an owned a GN since production,That's why i didn't see the tunes being an issue. Eric custom made each chip for each build,Only street tune,93 octane/alky,low boost 22-23psi,This was all about 4-5 years ago.
My car was at KDK's for 3 years in a row before that,3 total rebuilds,3 1/8 mile 1st run grenades. I'm taken it there was a problem before, But it's been ironed out now. KDK got your car's education from Mine...heh ( i left KDK with this last build dynoing 635,but with Cal hrtline at Lamotta's it launched headgasket on there dyno....just like the 3 motor's before that)

Scan010dyno run.JPG

Scan010dyno run.JPG

GREAT . NOW IM TO FAST FOR AN ECM . WHAT WILL I DO ?

Do like the Masses, Modifie it, Translate it, Speed Density it...(Or could just buy 1 box that does it all,but i'm affriad you'll have to loose chip changing programing,that just the cost of speed...)

8^)

But 11's is over 100 MPH. Weren't you saying something about the stock ECM not being able to handle over 100 MPH?

Didn't mean 100mph on the dot, but in my case,it was..i ran 3:50 gears,other should experience it a little higher,It's/was a top end deal.

Kevin knows GN's. Guy's been Pontiac tech, an owned a GN since production,That's why i didn't see the tunes being an issue. Eric custom made each chip for each build,Only street tune,93 octane/alky,low boost 22-23psi,This was all about 4-5 years ago.
My car was at KDK's for 3 years in a row before that,3 total rebuilds,3 1/8 mile 1st run grenades. I'm taken it there was a problem before, But it's been ironed out now. KDK got your car's education from Mine...heh ( i left KDK with this last build dynoing 635,but with Cal hrtline at Lamotta's it launched headgasket on there dyno....just like the 3 motor's before that)

]

Gosh, all of your woes could NEVER have anything to do with "operator error" , could they? :eek:

Gosh, all of your woes could NEVER have anything to do with "operator error" , could they? :eek:

But of course,i have frames of shame, But wasn't the issue here,My last KDK build track run was the next day out of the shop, "Supposedly" all ready to go!! the sheet's posted above. Some times you have to break something to find a better solution..(that wasn't what i paid for or was assured of....)

Weird. KDK has built 2 of my motors. One was 525hp and current one is 612hp. Never an issue with his assembling or tuning ever. Running low 10's if i could hook. Great guy.

Good luck with that..people make mistakes..example, Kevin nor his machinist saw my previous build (john at bowling green customs did ) the cam wore into the block until the motor was machined an already back on the stand in assembly.....all went down hill from there on my build,I hope the best for your Car. with all the dyno time an Combinations i went through. Hopefully Kevin's got something figured out.

In your Sig...." 3rd pass with this new motor ran a 10.84 @ 128mph with a 1.78 60' Going to turn it up now"

What happened to the last motor?

This thread is useless and should probably be closed. There isn't anything of value here.

You trying to make a commerical for Kevin?

Nope,Just he's were i sent my car an is a DieHard stock ECM tunner here localy. People suggjested my car went to an import tuner or someone that didn't know anything bout GN's. When i first arrived there i told him to put a DFI unit in,He's said like the diehards on the board do, "Naaa, you don't need it save the money" LOL...you can read where that got me....

HelloBozos said:
Nothing of value to You ,you mean (You switch over already) ...been here posted that...

Ive tuned and will again many stock ECM engines well beyond where you are. I've spent more time in the last 5 years tuning cars other than mine.