Why Not A FMIC?

If you are on a budget, get a dutt neck. You can go 9's with a good SLIC like a V4 or PTE one etc.

Has anyone cut apart one of these 25 year old cores that guys are adding dutt necks to? I would have to assume that the flow would be very restricted by now even with the spring cleans by oil and gunk.

....he slic was not very efficient the way it was.
....Plus I have a lowered car and I am tired of dragging my slic shroud on the ground constantly.
.....Also, does it not just make more sense to have a fmic coming from the perspective of colder air makes more power regardless of the size of turbo or hp of the car?

didn't you answer your own questions ??? This gets beat to death way to much.. SLIC SUCK if your making over 235hp.. I'd go with RJCs front mount especially with that size of a turbo.

I went 11.6 at 121with a 49, alky, and a RJC 375front mount. Drive in the street for 2 years while saving for a bigger turbo

Grumpy said:
didn't you answer your own questions ??? This gets beat to death way to much.. SLIC SUCK if your making over 235hp

Well I read a bunch on the tests of the stock intercoolers, so I was just wondering why (since the stocker is "garbage") so many people are against the front mount...

Running an intercooler that will support 8500rpm/1500hp applications on a car with a TA49 is a waste and will add a lot of weight to the front of the car.

I would expect about zero hp on a 115-120mph TA49/te44 car with a Precision stock location vs a front mount with a cool down pass. A few hp with the front mount if hot lapping. Thats about it. The volume of the intercooler has very little to do with the manifold pressure rise if the converter and combo is right. A TA49 car will spool faster than a T66 with everything else the same.

If I was able to highlight a previous quote, I'd highlight this. I think Grumpy's comment was.....facetious!!!

:D

well isn't that what he really wants to hear ??? Oh guys bash the SLICs way more than the kool guys with their unbeatable Front Mounts !!:p ok back to my pain killers :)

:D

well isn't that what he really wants to hear ??? Oh guys bash the SLICs way more than the kool guys with their unbeatable Front Mounts !!:p ok back to my pain killers :)

i just like staring at it through the grille :)

Haaa!! Funny sh!t right there!

It just seemed like the OP wasn't catching on. I would have hated for the poor guy to go pay $800 for a fmic only to see no gain, THEN realize "ooohh, Grumpy was bullsh!ttin!"

Us new guys gotta watch out for each other around you, Grump. Not all of us are that good at reading your sarcasm over the web yet! You sure do make it fun, though.

87-WE2 said:
Us new guys gotta watch out for each other around you, Grump. Not all of us are that good at reading your sarcasm over the web yet! You sure do make it fun, though.

Guess my sense of humor must be getting duller with years also. I had to reread it a couple times to understand what was going on.

Now another question, why do I see these "universal" front mounts on eBay for say $100 and then I see RJC selling there fmic's for $800-$1000? I understand the quality is undoubtedly better, but $800 better?? What am I missing?

RJC's fits a Turbo Buick. Ebay fits Universals. We don't own a Universal.

Good for you. You gave some SOB in China a job.

1. Just because they live in China it doesn't make them a SOB. They are people too.
2. My universals could have been made in the US. They look something like
images

;)

Another pro on fmic is no scoop hanging down to get owned by curbs or parking stops, etc