Why Not A FMIC?

Don't you drive a nissan altima?
Ya, made by Americans, in America. I dare you to find a new car made today that is owned by Americans, assembled in America and uses 100% American parts. Your point? Cheap shit China intercoolers are not supporting our dwindling vendors that still make their products in America.
I've never scrapped my scoop on my Precision stock location intercooler.

I still would like to see hot lap runs in peak summer hot climate conditions without raising hood, etc between rounds. Just make a pass and pull back around go again and see how the slic do on heat soak vs. FMIC. I know some tests have been done on flow, etc but not hot lapped. Everytime these threads pop up I say the same thing...you dont put a ice cube in the oven to stay cool. IMO even in stock setups the factory radiator isnt the best anyways and could use a upgrade...that seems to always be a con with a FMIC to some

Pronto said:

I had to raise mine up due to the fact I was always scrapping it on bumps and pot holes because it was dropped on its nuts in the front :) Hence my DIY intercooler scoop repair I posted up

Screw it.... wag your wee wee like a big boy and buy a liquid to air intercooler... and spend gobs of money for something thats almost as good.

Ya, made by Americans, in America. I dare you to find a new car made today that is owned by Americans, assembled in America and uses 100% American parts. Your point? Cheap shit China intercoolers are not supporting our dwindling vendors that still make their products in America.
No point, just testing my memory ..

turbot3.8 said:
Missed it when you posted it but thanks for mentioning it. Great job.

Absolutely! Thanks for the compliment. It was just a crude little project to put all the scoop pieces back in their place where they belonged

I still would like to see hot lap runs in peak summer hot climate conditions without raising hood, etc between rounds. Just make a pass and pull back around go again and see how the slic do on heat soak vs. FMIC. I know some tests have been done on flow, etc but not hot lapped. Everytime these threads pop up I say the same thing...you dont put a ice cube in the oven to stay cool. IMO even in stock setups the factory radiator isnt the best anyways and could use a upgrade...that seems to always be a con with a FMIC to some

With alky, I don't think you'd see anything unless you are making over 500rwhp and I'm not convinced a Precision SLIC still wouldn't match a front mount in that scenario. And you don't put an ice cube in the oven to stay cool, but with alky, it's like being stored in a fridge all the time and no matter how hot or cold my house gets, it's always the same temp in the fridge.

I had to raise mine up due to the fact I was always scrapping it on bumps and pot holes because it was dropped on its nuts in the front :) Hence my DIY intercooler scoop repair I posted up

Dammm... At least your not looking for new front mount pipe's.. You know when the car hits something low or a curb . Next time your lookin @ a lot of Buicks with a front mount look under the car an see if ya find any that have dents :p
..Oh we may not just go round an round at the track BUT we will let things sit for 15 min them make another run. I guess front mount cars don't need to cool down at all !! :rolleyes:

ahhhh winter is here... I am house bound here for a while. Have to sharpen up my sarcastic list :D

Driving around with 25yr old parts, not surprising some have cooling problems or bangin front mount pipes.

I know we're talking front mounts here, but I did some back to back testing on a TTA intercooler vs a water cooled IC and dropped 2 tenths with water cooled IC. This was on a car running consistent 12.30's.

Are you still using it? I don't see it listed in your signature.