Why does everyone keep saying this....

dragrazor

I see here regularly that people post that our TR's are going down in price? I beg to differ. I think that people are not spending as much or hanging on to what they have monetarily with an unsure or unstable economy. I think our cars are still holding their value very well. The people that are selling their cars cheap are people that are finding themselves in a bind and having to sell cheap. just my opinion, what do you guys think?

I havent found one of these so called "cheap" turbo buicks..unless its a no motor, salvaged title car. Id love to find one those screaming deals we all hear about but never see. But if Im going to waste my time thinking its going to turn up I might as well search for bigfoot, loch ness and unicorns. So I agree with you I havent seen the value drop as some might claim.

There's a white Limited in the for sale section for 4k right now, that in my mind, would count as a screaming deal.

Well I paid a pretty penny for mine so maybe its guys like me who are keeping the prices up. I've had plenty of cars in the past where body work would bring you to your knees weeping and figured pay now or pay more later,and I come from the school of thought that original factory bodywork is better than chop n weld anyday.

You usually see it in the FS section where someone is trying to low ball someone for their car. :rolleyes:

To l8trh8r: that white limited you mentioned is not running and has a bunch of stuff missing and has rust. I'd say, 4k is still pretty hefty considering. Thats why i say that our cars are still worth a good amount and are holding their value. These are rare cars.

Everybody is lowballing and often times the lowballer doesn't even have the money offered anyways! If you need to sell because of an emergency or something drastic, then you will probably lose money. If you can hold off till the economy gets better, our cars, and all other rare,collectibles will also increase in value. Its a buyers market and everyone is just waiting till someone is in dire straits so that they can jump on the deal. IMHO.

Everybody likes to think they're a Pirate in a down economy and you see alot of lowball's testing how motivated sellers are to move whatever product they have. Also, when things are tight, people with means tend to wait it out and only add the best examples to their personal collection's because interest in flipping lesser examples dries up. "Good" cars hold value, "needs TLC" or "project" gets beaten to a pulp.

That said, I still see cars which have been reduced from their previously modified condition's going FS for way too much compared with the more appreciable value in any economy of what they had been before some enthusiast padded his parts hoard. Originality only comes once too, if you can weather the storm. It goes many ways when things get rough.

My observation is I have seen turbo Buick Regals posted for sale here on this board, some in better condition than mine, selling for less than, if not about the same amount I paid for mine 4.5 years ago.

Also from my observations, back when I bought my car, when a TR was posted f/s here, it was not up for sale near as long as some are now, before the seller posted that it was sold.

Take it for what it's worth.

The conomy is having some affect.....on values. Probably seen mostly at auction levels on low mileage examples. The demand on so-so cars or basic parts cars values stay pretty consistent. Outside of the car or cars in this economy the real shocker is, if you get your house appraised and find out how much it has dropped in the last several years or compare it to a house like yours if you reside in a development. That is a real wake up call.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Value is dropping. Just like everything else. No jobs=no money=no sale=car not worth anything.

The worst is yet to come. Enjoy the cars. Burn your share of gas. That's all we can do.We will be lucky to get anything for them in the end.

MHO

RL

I was just checking Mecum Auctions yesterday. I could not cut and paste but here were the most recent results from Kissimmee, FL January 2012:
Lot G63: 87GN-sold - $15k--- miles unlisted
LotW235: 86GN- sold -$18k---thought to be 9k miles
Lot W246: 87GN- sold-$18,500---52k miles
Lot T205: 87GN-sold- $20k---37k miles
Lot F304-87GN-sold- $38k---37 miles
Lot F310-87GN-not sold- bid was $20k---miles unlisted

^^^those prices are plus buyer/seller fees right? Have they been selling for less because of the economy? yes. Are they still worth more? yes. Again, my opinion.

This is for turboburick:

the_end_is_near_tshirt-p235326080858747660bahkm_400.jpg

Prices are way too high for what you get. :eek:

Same price for a good one as a used Camry WTF? :oops:o_O

It's no Tayoter. :p

In my opinion everything is down in value except gas and groceries!! It's the main reason I'm looking to buy a home right now. Prices and interest rates are low. yes I'm not making much on the sale of my current home but I'll probably be getting a deal on the home I'm buying. As far as cars there are still people buying these cars for 20k but I don't think anybody on this board with the knowledge and background would pay that knowing what a 20k TB would need to entail.

As far as cars there are still people buying these cars for 20k but I don't think anybody on this board with the knowledge and background would pay that knowing what a 20k TB would need to entail.
What are you saying the 20k priced TRs will need?

^^^those prices are plus buyer/seller fees right? Have they been selling for less because of the economy? yes. Are they still worth more? yes. Again, my opinion.

The seller pays a percentage of the sale price - 7% with reserve and 5% w/o from what I read. I do not think that they add the buyers fee or the sellers fee to the sale price. Only, rather, what the gavel got at bidding time.... I'm not sure what the buyer fees are but I suppose you could figure a few hundred extra was paid by the buyers to cover the fee...

Not sure that the end is near but it seems only the auctions attract people with money. :eek:
And, in response to TRICKSIXPA, I think I'm with tim87tr on this as I'm not sure what $20k TR would need...

Doesn't matter to me if the prices rise or decline as I will continue to enjoy my car never the less!