Why does everyone keep saying this....

This is for turboburick:

Would you rather I blow steam up your ass?

Car's are actually still selling here and there. I thought about selling my car before the floor drops out. That would be the smart thing to do but not before I put it back as stock as I can get it. They bring the most that way and I would still have a pile of goodies to throw on the Mad Max Mobile.:p

All b.s. aside this is a better time to buy than sell.

TurboBuRick said:

Car's are actually still selling here and there. I thought about selling my car before the floor drops out. That would be the smart thing to do but not before I put it back as stock as I can get it. They bring the most that way and I would still have a pile of goodies to throw on the Mad Max Mobile.:p

Last of the V6

mechanic.jpg

turbo buicks mate...piece of history..

I agree!

Our hobby & passion for our beloved turbo Buicks is not any different than that of motorcycle, gun, train, or airplane enthusiasts, or even marble collectors. A # 1 car, motorcycle, gun, train, or airplane will always bring top money, even now. All #2, #3, #4, #5 and beyond takes it in the shorts when the economy falters. All of the cars that I look at now, including turbo Buicks, are very pricey. When the economy gets tough, all of the junk & projects, whether car, gun, motorcycle, or what have you comes out of the safes, garages, & storage areas first.
The economy may not get any better, and it darn sure won't on some items.
Things might improve a tad, but I wouldn't wait for it to happen.
If you had a really pristine, low mileage, well taken care of turbo Buick, I think that everyone would be surprised at how much it would bring.
There again, the world is pretty much out of really pristine, low mileage, well taken care of turbo Buicks.
And those that have them, know it, and are probably not about to consider getting rid of it for anything other than a stupid price.
Just my ramblings on the subject.

To be honest I beleive that Barret Jackson has done more to hurt the car hobby than to help it.

Sorry but 4K for a non running rusted car is way too much

I also beleive that 38K for a car is way too much.

I also cant figure how a hemi car is worth a mil either but jackson sells them.

I hav noticed that even in the collector car market the prices are down from 5 to 50 percent over what they were 4 to 5 years ago.

I beleive anything is worth only what someone will pay and if you can get someone to pay 38 or 4 then thats what its worth to them.

Its your item you can say a paper clip is worth a million dollars but if no one is going to pay that is it what its really worth?

I dont pay retail for anything so nothing is worth what someone says it is.

To be honest I beleive that Barret Jackson has done more to hurt the car hobby than to help it.

100% correct sir. I'm 27. When I was 12 to 14, a black on black 1970 454 4spd MC SS in good condition went for $4500. Hot rods turned into collector cars in the late 90's. You know when hemis turned from $40k cars into $1/4m cars. People who b*tch about the value of their hotrod going down bought a collector car. These people are the ones who bought the wrong car. They did one of two things: They bought a car as an investment; or have no sentimental value (or fun) with their car. IMO the cheaper these cars go, the better. Let them hit $2500, and give people who really like these cars a chance to own one. Or twelve. Not some d-bag who just wants to drive a somewhat rare car that won't deppreciate. I bought my buick in 2001 for $4000. It had rust then and was a fair deal. Its a rustbucket now, but it always runs good. I drove it daily from 16 to 19, and it has had mostly racegas ever since. Someone might give me $5000 for it. I wouldn't sell it for $20000 cash right now. I am a Turbo Buick Enthusiast. I have a GN. My roomate has one, and my brother has a WH1. I love these cars, and I've had more fun with mine in one week than any "Collector" ever will in a lifetime. I can also jump in my Buick and confidently make a 100 mile+ trip on a whim. I grew up at the dragstrip on thursday nights, and the cruise ins on friday nights. I am a car guy who wishes that car collectors would just stick to buying paintings or fabrigue eggs or some other goofy a$$ hobby that won't drive up the price of bad ass hotrods.

Sorry for the rambling,

MY POINT-
If you own a GN as an investment, firesale the thing and go buy a 1967 tri power 427/ 435 hp vette. If you can't afford one- either sack up and make more money, or learn how to work on sh*t and restore one. The day that TR prices started to fall (or when the market began to flood) was right around 12-15-08. If you don't believe me- look it up.