Who's ready for Bowling Green?!!?

My car has had more down time than up time !!!!!!!!!!! I think it has been 300 miles since 2007.........

Bryan

:eek: Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. That would be frustrating beyond belief
You have NO idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 motors in 2 years...less than 50 miles on each......:mad::mad::mad:

The ONLY quarter mile trip this car has made was in 2007 at the MWBC....trailer to track to trailer.....ONE run...blew a head gasket at a little past half track...12.58 ET !!

It did make 3 1/8 mile test-n-tune runs, 3 years ago at the Turbobuick.com Nationals ...see sig for time.

This car hates me !!!!!! Goin broke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

You have NO idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 motors in 2 years...less than 50 miles on each......:mad::mad::mad:

The ONLY quarter mile trip this car has made was in 2007 at the MWBC....trailer to track to trailer.....ONE run...blew a head gasket at a little past half track...12.58 ET !!

It did make 3 1/8 mile test-n-tune runs, 3 years ago at the Turbobuick.com Nationals ...see sig for time.

This car hates me !!!!!! Goin broke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

Unbelievable...I would be upset, to say the least...I'm no expert, but it looks like your engines were built to kick ass and take names, strange that they would not last very long with builds like that

The first engine issue was no fault of the builder, RPE. Bobby builds badass engines !!! Had a boost controller that decided that I wasnt running enough boost...went north of 30 psi ( how far north is unknown as I only have a 3 bar MAP) on pump gas and ALKY on a cool night. Intake air temp went down to 62* and was catastrophic. Melted the head, scorched the block, 2 push rods, melted the electrode clean off of the spark plug. I wish I had the money to send it back to him to rebuild it...just not in the cards.The engine is very strong running, hoping to get near 700 HP when dialed in, with AC....

Dont know what is the cause of the second one yet...car and trailer were left at Richard Clarks in May....

Bryan

Wow, that sounds like mess. but good luck with the 700 hp and AC! I'll be lucky/happy with about 450 hp and AC :eek:

The first engine issue was no fault of the builder, RPE. Bobby builds badass engines !!! Had a boost controller that decided that I wasnt running enough boost...went north of 30 psi ( how far north is unknown as I only have a 3 bar MAP) on pump gas and ALKY on a cool night. Intake air temp went down to 62* and was catastrophic. Melted the head, scorched the block, 2 push rods, melted the electrode clean off of the spark plug. I wish I had the money to send it back to him to rebuild it...just not in the cards.The engine is very strong running, hoping to get near 700 HP when dialed in, with AC....

Dont know what is the cause of the second one yet...car and trailer were left at Richard Clarks in May....

Bryan

Dude its got to get better...............Just don't give UP!!!!!

JD

Bummer for sure , what has been done since May ? Is some one supposed to fix it at Richards ?
Nothing done to it yet...Richard has a few ahead of me before I get to go up there to pull mine out and build it with him. Maybe next May????? I wish I had a better answer than this. I miss my car......:(:mad:

Bryan

Hell that EASY!!!!!

25lbs of boost with pump gas and ALKY!!!!

Haha, I bought the car as a roller, so I'm getting all of my pieces together ;) I'm afraid of running that much boost because of the horror stories I've heard...don't make fun of me too bad, I'm a turbo Buick rookie :)

Haha, I bought the car as a roller, so I'm getting all of my pieces together ;) I'm afraid of running that much boost because of the horror stories I've heard...don't make fun of me too bad, I'm a turbo Buick rookie :)

I understand....just wait till u start driven ur car Ill bet u catch the BUICK BUG!!!!

One thing that I have learned over the years is it can be a love hate relationship with these cars but when all is good Ur really gonna LOVE UR CAR!!

I understand....just wait till u start driven ur car Ill bet u catch the BUICK BUG!!!!

One thing that I have learned over the years is it can be a love hate relationship with these cars but when all is good Ur really gonna LOVE UR CAR!!

haha, yes that's what I've heard! I can't wait...until then, I'll just have to watch other people race theirs :rolleyes: