Who's ready for Bowling Green?!!?

I hope this is how the story ends,,,theres alot to make it happen this way...and the two guys in charge are working as hard as possible....so we will know soon.....
Where a better, place to assmble a Turbo Regal than there...the amont of people and knowledge there will make it a breeze to do...we will need as much help as possible.....

BOP event was broached several years ago at Norwalk by myself and a few of the biggest in V8 Buick performance parts companies. Location would have been Norwalk. Problem is Pontiac is probably the largest marquee other than Mopar Nationals and gets 500-600 cars for the show and the same if not more racing for 3 days. They don't need anyone as Bader has built that into a world class event with insane car count. Oldsmobile runs at Norwalk and their staff wishes to keep it Olds only.

Corporate motors will be the future of survival. Cost of events, plus aging population in Buicks (two original GS owners I knew for many years and raced at BG since practically the inception of the club) have passed away. Restorations and parts to find are costly. Many people attend just to see people and don't bring their cars anymore. People don't realize how money has dried up to keep these cars intact and performance/restoration suppliers are fighting to stay alive.

Over 30 years ago when I first attended with my father at age 7, people went to race for jackets/trophies and the title of winning a class whether race or show at BG. Now sad to say entitlement has taken over, and people wish to be compensated for bringing their car. Lots of people don't have children who are super interested in keeping these cars alive as well and thus they get sold.

Sad to say but traffic on this board has dropped off big time in just this last year. Many people seems going to LS drivetrain. If you have been to an LS event you definitely know why its the major craze and many resto shops are doing LS conversions to everything. I don't blame them either and im a purist.

Support them and help out when you can at these events because the writing is on the wall. The years are numbered and im hoping a new GN/GNX forecasted for the 2015 model year saves the community from a slow, painful death.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but buick OR buick powered is ok? Either way, anyone can make passes and bracket
Race....i remember a camaro, vette and a mustang there last year.

Im not sure after looking around the site.....anybody knows where Richard Lassiter stays?

Last year was my first time attending (had never owned a turbo Buick at the time) and my dad and I will be in attendance again this year. I'm sorry to say my 87 T will not be ready for this year, though :( Otherwise I would be MORE than happy to bring it down for the event

Ive been there without mine too.....still worth the trip...it will sure "light a fire" to finish youre own car up...

Bryan, I pulled my motor four times this spring...i feel your pain...