Whom do you think has the best cold air kit on the market?

Whom do you think has the best cold air kit on the market?

• Big Mouth

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Tin Man

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Pete Tomka

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
big mouth is the way to go. I got the one with the chrome elbow that will look good with my chrome MAF pipe.

I did a lot of research and it seems like this is the best way to go. I think a couple of the others you listed will accomplish the same thing, but I think the BIG MOUTH looks the best!

HTH!

Joel

Marks kits are very nice, and they are quality made! Keep in mind his customer service (him and BFH make a great team) are top notch, and he never keeps the customer guessing or waiting!

The Pete Tomka kit is nice if you want to stay with the stock appering set up (Kinda sorta)...I personally have no experience in dealing with him. Its Stock looking..but with a little twist...Kinda sneaky like our cars! :D

What is best is all according to what you want to get out of your car, and how much you would like to spend.

Good luck, and if you buy that Big Mouth kit....be prepared for some WICKED Turbo Noise (a good thing)!

I had the Kenne Bell canister-type kit, and wasn't too impressed. I recently switched to Mark's Big Mouth kit and love it. Also, Mark has answered emails from me within a few hours, every time, even at night and on Sunday.

Big Mouth:D Fits perfect and looks awesome! This thing sounds like a jet engine under boost!

Highly recommended;)

Where can you get this big mouth? I love to have that wicked turbo noise! Any Pics?

George

big mouth cold air kit hands down is the best...best looking and best sounding! my god my car sounds so cool now with this cold air kit...it's awesome...

both pete's and mark's kits are nice, but

let's not forget about the TIN MAN kit. Real nice kit for the price. :D

i have an idea for a ram air kit that i think would work great. i am in the process of getting all the specifications and things drawn up then im going to start the prototype. i honestly belive that this idea will work, but im no engineer. i dont want to give out any information yet.

Is the cold air kits that much better than just a big 'ol K&N on the end of the MAF? And do they sound any differant than the K&N cone filter? Just wondering, I've got the K&N and wanted to know if its worth it to buy a cold air kit.

wicked6....No, the tubing on the Tomka kit won't collapse. It is very high quality....much stiffer than the stock stuff.

ecmo92....It get's VERY hot under the hood of a Turbo6. So...yes it will make a difference.

John

Chrome Big Mouth Cold Air Kit Is what I run and looks awsome with Translator.

"TINMAN" BABY !!!!!

The "TinMan" 4" fresh air kit Is the way to go. The price is right and it looks Great
when installed. You can hardly even tell its there. " sleeper"!
This kit comes in chrome and in black. This kit uses an AFE filter which flows much better than any K&N filter.

Lets remember that sound does not make the car faster.

This kit has been flow tested and recieved unbelievable results. The Kit Is light in weight which in the end results in more mph. Before you buy any other kit I suggest that you check out the "TINMAN" cold air intake kit. I promise you wont be let down

Mine is the best, but I only made one. All the parts are listed on my website with pictures. It uses an TTA MAF pipe from ATR. Everything is ported and polished.

The 4" TINMAN" Cold-air kit can be viewed by clicking here:http://members.fortunecity.com/modelman5/tinmancoldairkit.htm
The "superior flowing AfE filter is now Blue with black molded rubber casing.( v/s red/gold in the pics shown). and if you haven't heard of AfE Filter yet, you will soon! AfE's filter out-flowed ALL other performance filters tested in the latest "HOT- ROD"Magazine" Filter-Shoot-out article. (june-2002)
The"TINMAN" kit is lightweight and has been flo-bench tested. It'll take you into the 9"s if you desire. No appologies!:cool:

Tinman

I went with Tinman. Love the fit and finish. Very nice guy to boot. Great service and communication.

I like the fact that he flares the ends of the pipes so the rubber sections and boots have something to bite into.

I already had a K&N so he sold me just the parts I needed.