Looking for Opinions on clones and Swaps

XlexusTech

Hi, I have been looking for a nice car. My goals are a fun driver better than stock performance car that I can have fun with. 25K max budget would like to stay closer to 20.
11-12 second car would be great. Id like to invest in it overtime and ideally retain some value over time. No looking to make money just not loose my shirt.
So, I found two cars that look good enough to look atbut both are a few hundred miles away. Both on FB market place. One is an 85 t type with a "cold air conversion" needs some body work and paint the other is a 87 base regal with a GN drive train. Both cars are in the high teens for price.
I am in no rush to get a car and can easily wait a year to find a good car.
Thoughts on the idea of buying a converted car and if they will be worthless when /if the market cools down.

Unless you do your own body work that would be a hard pass for me.
The other with the drivetrain might peak my interest but it would have to be a real nice unit.
Lots of out of mind, out of sight stuff goes into a good conversion. Is the fuel system up to the task? What about the wiring and computer? Rest of the drivetrain( trans and rear end )?
Do you know what you are looking at it is this just going to be a pig in a poke? That could get expensive real fast.

Hi, I have been looking for a nice car. My goals are a fun driver better than stock performance car that I can have fun with. 25K max budget would like to stay closer to 20.
11-12 second car would be great. Id like to invest in it overtime and ideally retain some value over time. No looking to make money just not loose my shirt.
So, I found two cars that look good enough to look atbut both are a few hundred miles away. Both on FB market place. One is an 85 t type with a "cold air conversion" needs some body work and paint the other is a 87 base regal with a GN drive train. Both cars are in the high teens for price.
I am in no rush to get a car and can easily wait a year to find a good car.
Thoughts on the idea of buying a converted car and if they will be worthless when /if the market cools down.
This is a tough time to buy the market is high but............
Inmo but a car done the way you want it.
Not hard to find an 11 sec ride these days.
Or buy a regal roller with good stuff and drop a motor in and go.