Whom do you think has the best cold air kit on the market?

Whom do you think has the best cold air kit on the market?

• Big Mouth

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Tin Man

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Pete Tomka

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cold air kit

I have had great sucess with the Tin Man Cold Air Kit. I actually (by mistake) had to put it to the test and it saved my turbo. One day at the track I lost power and brakes at the end of my run and couldn't stop before I went into the sand pit at the other end. The filter was covered with sand because it hangs low but no sand in the turbo. That's one good reason I like it!

Mark's was the original and the Tin Man looks like a copy. I got one of Mark's early on before he changed things a little and love mine! This AFE filter may flow good but does it actually catch the bad stuff? I vote "the original big mouth"!

The Tin Man is awesome!
Easy install, and you can actually hear the incoming air!
Nice QUALITY part. We need more products like this!
Brian

how ironical

I was going to point out that Al's was the original and Mark's looks like the copy.....but I didn't want to start that.

What a mixed up wacky world :)

No disrespect intended. Just was told Al's had been out much longer. Who knows.

Setting the record straight!

Guess it is time for me to jump in here. Yes, the Tin Man was out before mine, that's a fact. Let's face it, this is not rocket science, the concept is to get as much air to your turbo as possible and using an air filter with a 4" opening and out of the motor compartment is the way to do it in my opinion. I just took it a step farther. I wanted one made with chrome so I ended up coming up with my own setup. When I switched from the stock MAF sensor to the Chevy LT1 sensor I made changes to the length of the pipe to make up the difference of the shorter sensor. I designed my system to accomodate ANY MAF sensor and turbo you may have with the MAF pipes I also sell. I believe I am the only one that can cover you from the turbo all the way to the air filter. I can set you up with 3 different sizes of MAF/inlet pipes, 3", 3.5" and I also have done some systems with 4" inlet pipes for guys running the FAST system.

I also have a system for the 84-5 HOT AIR cars. Chrome or aluminized steel.

Don't know anything about the other air filters talked about but will stick with a proven product, K&N. All the systems mentioned do the same thing, we all just have a little different way of getting the job done. I am sure the buyer will be satisfied with any of these choices.

Here's a direct link to the Big Mouth for 86-7 cars http://www.buickgn.com/bigmouth.htm

Link to MAF/Inlet page
http://www.buickgn.com/mafpipes.htm

Link to Hot Air car Big Mouth systems http://www.buickgn.com/hotairbigmouthkits.htm

Re: Setting the record straight!

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Guess it is time for me to jump in here. Yes, the Tin Man was out before mine, that's a fact. Let's face it, this is not rocket science, the concept is to get as much air to your turbo as possible and using an air filter with a 4" opening and out of the motor compartment is the way to do it in my opinion. I just took it a step farther. I wanted one made with chrome so I ended up coming up with my own setup. When I switched from the stock MAF sensor to the Chevy LT1 sensor I made changes to the length of the pipe to make up the difference of the shorter sensor. I designed my system to accomodate ANY MAF sensor and turbo you may have with the MAF pipes I also sell. I believe I am the only one that can cover you from the turbo all the way to the air filter. I can set you up with 3 different sizes of MAF/inlet pipes, 3", 3.5" and I also have done some systems with 4" inlet pipes for guys running the FAST system.

I also have a system for the 84-5 HOT AIR cars. Chrome or aluminized steel.

Don't know anything about the other air filters talked about but will stick with a proven product, K&N. All the systems mentioned do the same thing, we all just have a little different way of getting the job done. I am sure the buyer will be satisfied with any of these choices.

Here's a direct link to the Big Mouth for 86-7 cars http://www.buickgn.com/bigmouth.htm

Link to MAF/Inlet page
http://www.buickgn.com/mafpipes.htm

Link to Hot Air car Big Mouth systems http://www.buickgn.com/hotairbigmouthkits.htm
I had them going too:D

late votes for the Tinman kit

Just for the record, there are at least 10 people I know of, who have been trying to place votes for the Tinman Cold-air induction kit locally in the Detroit area who have been unable to get thru to vote on this poll over the last few days. This topic came up at our Buick club picnic this weekend. I know the poll is over now, but just wanted to let this be known "for the record".
We are very happy with Al's Tinman coldair induction kit!

Ken

Re: late votes for the Tinman kit

Originally posted by DGBOOSTED
Just for the record, there are at least 10 people I know of, who have been trying to place votes for the Tinman Cold-air induction kit locally in the Detroit area who have been unable to get thru to vote on this poll over the last few days. This topic came up at our Buick club picnic this weekend. I know the poll is over now, but just wanted to let this be known "for the record".
We are very happy with Al's Tinman coldair induction kit!

Ken
That would still leave you five short of the big mouth. Better have another picnic:D

And where the heck are all my other hundreds of customers anyway?:D Do I win a prize for winning or does the state of FL need to do a recount?:eek:

I like my BigMouth!! I didn't think to much about any of them until Mark Hueffman was generous enough to donate one to the TurboBuick.com raffle in BG. I was so impressed with it I bought one for myself. The chrome is top notch and really looks good installed. The only issue I have right now is I don't have my front spoiler on so my front end is getting a little busy looking with the FM pipes and now a K&N hanging out!! The sound makes you realize just how much air these bad boys eat up. The fit was perfect with my Impala 3" MAF also.