Who was at Bradenton March 7, 2004

gr8regal

Good weekend, cool weather you missed it.

Met some great people.

Cotten, Cal, Bob, Howard.

To bad there was not more support with Buick owners that did not run their cars.

cars ran from the 9's maybe 8's to 14's so anyone could have run there car, just for fun. Even Buick 455's were there.

No excusses. You should have been there.

Who was there, How did you run???

I was there. My car was not runnings in its prime. I was running 14.0s in the bracket races. I did make it to the third round, but I had problems on my launch and redlighted. I did have fun and enjoyed my day.

-Justin

I was there and had a blast. So did the wife. She took here car 03 Regal GS down the strip for the first time and is now hooked. The only problem is that now she wants a GN for racing. Is that really a problem? Other than garage space and another car to dump $$$ into and work on. We meet a lot of really nice people and enjoyed the weekend. I'll be back next year. Next time I'll coat myself with sunscreen. Man is my neck red. Does that make me a red neck now? Maybe I'll fit in better up here in Brooksville.

I got 7 passes in on sunday. Lots of 13.0's and no traction.... :( best 60ft was a 2.1.:mad: 19 psi of boost. I had fun though. Next year I will have slicks and alky.:cool:

I wanna know who won each event?

Bo

I was there with Black Shoebox, Trouble, and 86Brick. No car for us though :(

Richie Hi-PSI won the TSP class. WH1-Denver almost took it from him, was a close race till high boost pressure popped the FP reg hose on WH1-Denvers car ending the run for him.

Class ended being as called. Cars that ran 11.6-11.8's on DR's dominated the class as predicted. Didnt see anyone running straight 93 no adder show up and lay numbers. Through the exhuast, full tanks of 93, priceless :)

I'll let the others fill in. Was a great time, next year will be better.

Mine cracked 97.22 in the 1/8 and 120.78 in the 1/4 on a stock IC.. So my motor building skills :rolleyes: panned out. :D

Hey gang...
Had a great time both days, forgot sunscreen on saturday and got a little crispy. Met a lot of great people...Russ, Justin and a bunch more that I can't remember names. Got to talk w/Shawn from the south again. Car didn't meet expectations, ran a best of 13.36/105.39...but still had fun. First runs for this car, so I got a lot of tuning to do. Decided to run brackets after four 13.5's on saturday, knew it couldn't compete with the TSP crowd. Shawn told me I need to bleed my brakes a multitude of times to get some launch boost, was pushing the car through the beams before seeing any boost on the gauge, brakes just won't hold the car in place. So I had 2.2's for 60 footers both days. Went out in the first round of brackets to the dark blue 87 T running a 12.50 dial, (sorry, can't remember name). Thought I had him covered and lifted to run a 13.71/100.51 and got beat by 1/100th, but that, my friends, is bracket racing. Next time I won't be such a bonehead and just trust the car to run the number. Justin ran consistent and went 3 rounds, he's being too hard on himself, he did good. Big thanks to all who helped put this thing together, will be back next year for sure. Hope to make it to the Nationals this year and see everyone there. Whoever sells the alky injection system give a yell, gotta have one. Thanks.
Howard
slowsix@excite.com

Razor is the man for the alky system. He posted just before you. His web site is in his sig. I highly recommend his kit. Do some research in the alky section. He has the best one out according to everyone that has tried the others and the DYI.:D

Russel,
I am actually living in Spring Hill but work in Brooksville. Do you go to any of the cruise nights around here? We should go and hang out one night and eat some rice and $hit some fords.
Mike

had a awesome time seeing all those beautiful buicks, hope to see more of you in may at the nat's. but just remember the nat's started out just like the BSN did so lets make it bigger and bigger , pass the word to all that will listen.

We towed over from Daytona. Had a great time. Even if the car kept blowing off the hose from turbo to inter-cooler. Had to keep the boost down to 17lbs, but still managed to run a 11.72@119. Won first round of brackets but fouled in second round. At least I didn't break anything.LOL.. Will be at the Spring Spectacular at Daytona International Speedway this weekend, Sat with Central Florida Buick Club with just the Buick and Sun. with the Buick and the GTO. Its always a good time.

Hey guys.

It was great meeting you.

I had a great time.

I put 700 miles on the odometer!

BTW, if you shook my hand, and then got pink eye and/or tonsilitis, that was me, sorry.:(

I missed the test and tune on Saturday.

Car ran consistent 12.8's / 109mph. I was shooting for 11.99. 2.1 60' times. I had the alchy coming on to soon (10 lbs) and that was causing me to bog off the line (leaving with 5lbs). I have timeslips with 1.7 60' from last year.

Every time slip I have I have either a lower ET or higher MPH then the car I was running against.

I was out of TSP in the first round. My brakes wouldn't hold the boost at the line and I red-lighted by 1/10th of a second. I won the race, but lost the race.:D

I also found out (after the races were over) that I should have been running in 3rd gear and not OD. Does anyone else have this problem?:mad: