Which Vendor Sells "Made In The USA" Products Only?

One thing ive noticed is that that products that are finish machined over seas (China) are typically all over the place compared to what is machined here in the USA. Their alloys are different also. Most of the stuff that is good is a very close alloy to a USA steel. You will never see an overseas crank markerted under a USA alloy unless we sent the steel overseas for them to forge.

eaton posi arrived yesterday with a nice new sticker on the box..."made in mexico"

yup and ive installed at least 10 of these in cars (most over 500hp) and never had one fail. If those were made with US labor they would be $900

Pretty sure scot's lights are made in the us also jersey I think right scot??
Yes they are made in NJ and like julio already mentioned it's hard to get diodes, resistors, capacitors made here but those items are a real nit picking item seeing as 98% of our LED taillights, marker lights, 3rd brake lights are made here in NJ. The quality must be pretty good to seeing Hundreds were sold and only 4 returns were issued since there inception!

ALL of our products are made in the USA and we are proud of it!!

SW

"assembled in the USA with imported components", most likely..
Not necessarily, I mentioned this in the post above this... 98% of the LED taillights are assembled and made right in NJ and with Hundreds sold and only 4 returns I would say the quality is pretty dam good... Why would a NJ based company offer a Lifetime Warranty on there digital taillights if all the product came from china? They wouldn't!! They stand behind their work.....

My thoughts.....

Being in the business since the late 1970s before Made in China became a big player. In the world of reproduction Made in China is a major player. Unfortunate, but true.

Our company has no over seas connections at all so 99% of the items we have had made for the American Muscle cars Ford-GM-etc are made in the USA. In the Buick world this includes the popular billet adjustable fuel regulator, in the Corvette world the 6-speed shifters and al our chrome items etc made in the USa, the turbo regal grille springs also made in the usa. As for existing parts we buy and resell, I am sure many of them come from around the globe. Not by choice but by needing them.

Like most companies we all strive to provide the best parts and try and stick with US companies to make them.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I had a JVC AM/FM/CD player installed this Sat. I asked for one not made in China, Japan would have been fine, but this
one was made in Indonesia, I'm doing all I can not to buy Chinese products, but it is really hard, real hard, thanks

Ron

I live in "the area" and from my perspective the issue is the cloning and lack of accountability (warranty). Apple products are examples of controlled products coming from China that get the job done on quality and with proper backing for warranty - its the iphone clones that suck. When those items make it to the US market in large enough quantities then we see issues. Headers and timing covers are relevant examples.

Non relevant examples would be clothes. The overwhelming majority of kids clothes here that have some sort of branded thing (super hero, movie, Disney, or ?) are NOT PROPERLY LICENSED. Its much more difficult to get away with that in the US but it does happen. As lowest price no matter what wins out you will see more of products like that in the US... until China tanks.

In summary there isnt anything really wrong with non USA made stuff IMO so long as the right people are paid to produce it. All things being equal keep it at home. Slightly lower price for a clone? Keep it at home. But for original products that are not clones or inferior I think its ok to buy that Samsung TV.

Anyone who gets in line with this protectionist idea of purchasing only American-made products may want to pick up Adam Smith's book, The Wealth of Nations (or the audio CDs). The myths behind trying to deprive one geographic area of money are taken apart and explained in a simple manner. It was a learning experience for me - I had the same ideas about depriving China of wealth before I read the book. Even so, you should lead yourself to your own honest conclusions. Very few people will consider outside evidence once they have decided to support talking points from obvious media sources (my expectations are not high).

Owners of capital will almost always seek the efficient use of that capital, and they should. Paying American labor union wages, funding excessive taxes that are embedded in the prices of products and services (23% on average), and funding additional costs needed to jump through the hoops of the EPA, local, and county governments all make for the inefficient use of capital. Many other nations do not have these additional costs so it could make sense to purchase certain items from producers in these nations.

Instead of having the conversation about why it costs so much more to provide a product or service in the United States than it does in any other nation, we are instead distracted by the talking point "buy American".

Anyone who gets in line with this protectionist idea of purchasing only American-made products may want to pick up Adam Smith's book, The Wealth of Nations (or the audio CDs). The myths behind trying to deprive one geographic area of money are taken apart and explained in a simple manner. It was a learning experience for me - I had the same ideas about depriving China of wealth before I read the book. Even so, you should lead yourself to your own honest conclusions. Very few people will consider outside evidence once they have decided to support talking points from obvious media sources (my expectations are not high).

Owners of capital will almost always seek the efficient use of that capital, and they should. Paying American labor union wages, funding excessive taxes that are embedded in the prices of products and services (23% on average), and funding additional costs needed to jump through the hoops of the EPA, local, and county governments all make for the inefficient use of capital. Many other nations do not have these additional costs so it could make sense to purchase certain items from producers in these nations.

Instead of having the conversation about why it costs so much more to provide a product or service in the United States than it does in any other nation, we are instead distracted by the talking point "buy American".

i wouldn't have any problem with buying Chinese products if they'd return the favor and buy American made products.. but that's not what they do- they put massive tariffs on anything imported into their country from the USA and then complain whenever we talk about doing the same thing to their products. and if an American company wants to build something there, they are forced to partner with a Chinese company and let them have access to all the technology and manufacturing processes that are involved with making that product- how well do you think it would go over if a Chinese company wanted to build a factory here and they were told they had to play by the same rules?
fair trade is all that i'm looking for. i don't really care about the human rights and environmental aspects- those things would work themselves out over time as more and more of their population started to demand that things got better.

i wouldn't have any problem with buying Chinese products if they'd return the favor and buy American made products.. but that's not what they do- they put massive tariffs on anything imported into their country from the USA and then complain whenever we talk about doing the same thing to their products. and if an American company wants to build something there, they are forced to partner with a Chinese company and let them have access to all the technology and manufacturing processes that are involved with making that product- how well do you think it would go over if a Chinese company wanted to build a factory here and they were told they had to play by the same rules?
fair trade is all that i'm looking for. i don't really care about the human rights and environmental aspects- those things would work themselves out over time as more and more of their population started to demand that things got better.

Both are great points

Someone once said, "you can't be mad at what the Chinese make" because if it doesn't fit/work, etc, it's because they were "ordered" to make it to a certain specification/dimention, etc....not because they're too stupid to get it right." Now if that holds any truth or not might be questionable. However, what gets me is when a U.S. company starts outsourcing what should be U.S. jobs over to China, what jobs does that leave for U.S. workers? Meanwhile we fall further into a recession with job lay offs while some big shot takes those now Chinese built products, and sells them as if a good ole American buil them....so he continues to pocket all that money.

Why would a NJ based company offer a Lifetime Warranty on there digital taillights if all the product came from china?

Because you could swap out the returns four or five times and still break even. I know this because I factored this in for my own business. I assumed my Chinese products were going to fail so I "prepared" for returns. Guess what? Hundreds of orders and never a single return! These were 12-volt linear power supplies. NO WAY I could have turned a profit with American products.

In the world I am sure everyone can find good examples and bad examples from every country including the US. One doesn't have to look much further than seeing an original 1987 Grand National. Even a casual observer can see how the paint quality and body gaps shows lack of care in assembly mainly because many of these workers where loosing their jobs.

As for China, I know of one major company that deals with products there and in some cases the first batch of a certian product is very good, then when the next run is ordered sometimes that main company farms it out to another company in china and then the quality drops.

In the toy world obviousily you don't want your kids to put any toy in their mouth who knows what material was used to make it. I will grant you this, who ever packs their Christmas lites in their packaging in China compacts them better than anyone in the US can probably do it....and their toy dolls they tie in to the packaging like they may escape on the boat ride to the USA.

As any company realizes you wanna eliminate problems especially when you are putting a warranty behind it....Hurst was a prime example of a aftemarket automotive company that really paid attention to quality in their products.....

merry christmas

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Because you could swap out the returns four or five times and still break even. I know this because I factored this in for my own business. I assumed my Chinese products were going to fail so I "prepared" for returns. Guess what? Hundreds of orders and never a single return! These were 12-volt linear power supplies. NO WAY I could have turned a profit with American products.
Well after visiting our manufacture's business I can say I seen these boards being assembled right there in NJ with Bin's of parts, spools of wire...

I can not completely control what another company does or dictate how they run their business but I try my hardest to keep every single product we sell or have made right here in the US. I have been in the fabricating business for many years and sure having some stuff made by US companies can be a bit more expensive but for the most part shopping around is Key to finding a better deal and having these company's battle for your business.

All our brackets are made in Wisconsin
All our powder coating is done here in Tennessee
Radiator box-in kits are made by me here in TN
Tach brackets are made by me, in TN
All our Carbon fiber products coming soon are made in Virginia
DSE suspension products are made in North Carolina
BAER brakes are made in Arizona
Headlight & marker light covers made in TN
License plates & Key chains made in TN
GNS fender vent kits made in MA

This should not be about China making products, we do too but we need to use them more often! We as business's need to keep more of our money right here in the US and helping or own survive. Look at Flint, MI it's a dam gost town now and it's a very sad thing for me to see and the more people with the "Overseas" mentality that's what the US will look like eventually.. I am a very small business but i'm doing my part, Kirban is doing his now more need to follow!! MANY MORE!

In the toy world obviousily you don't want your kids to put any toy in their mouth who knows what material was used to make it.

Yep. Chinese materials can be problematic. I hear that imported lead from China has been found to have a high percentage of toys in it. :D

Technology will some day catch up. There was a good article about Nike I read this morning. Try to find a pair of any brand shoes made anywhere but China. Nike will be investing alot of $$ soon into automating the manufacturing of their shoes. Well the US leads the way in automation. The prediction is Nike and many other manufactures will build new factories here with automation equipment built here and only employ operators and folks to repair the machines. Instead of employing 4000 workers in a factory they will employ 400. This could be within the next 5years. Something to think about.
A strong global economy is good for all so simply shutting off China is not good either. Just look at how the stock market reacts anytime china says they are raising interest rates to slow their growth. They play a very important part of our own economy.

One of the many problems with Chinese products is the lower price drives the competing USA made product to be cheapened or they die. Once the USA products are gone the Chinese price goes up but the quality does not.

I want to make sure I buy as much American made products that I'm able. Especially when it comes to my T-Type.

Remember that the rest of the world looked to the American made product as the benchmark of quality not to long ago.

~JM~

There are several ways to look at this...

I am only going to speak on the Buick parts issue alone...

China made products would not be a problem in our community if Buick owners hadn't started buying up the crap because of the cheap price... Remember when the headers first came out? What did that cause? We went several years without a decent set of headers to buy, as the American built companies DIED... I tried, we offered custom built QUALITY headers for a decent price. We had tons of interest but only a couple ponied up the $$$... Every set we made would have driven the price down a little, but what did everyone do? Bought freaking ebay headers:mad:

We have no one to blame but our own selves, IMO... Between the unions and being cheap azzes we drove them away... They may didn't need much pushing I agree, but I am sure most companies would prefer to stay state side if possible... They are in business to MAKE MONEY... Does anyone here expect to work for free? So why should a company produce products and not make the maxium profit...