Which fuel pump

go to Summit racing search

Fuel Pressure Gauges, Engine Diagnostic ,got 2 that won't break the bank​

I think that is a OE chip it needs to be round filed early tomorrow so Waste Management can save you a rod bearing.
You will need know more about your Buick than it is black and has a turbo to get the right chip from Eric.
from your sig we don't know much about you or the car? have you had it long is it stock, miles?
Yeah I’ve been getting accustomed to it and reading this site. Got the car on Mother’s Day this year. 67k miles and been a dealer with 203 miles since 2003 ish. Everything is stock but the MAF and fuel pump. Got the MAF from Eric.

This is a new hobby but I’m looking to get the fundamentals down on a car I’ve wanted since I was a kid.

Yeah I’ve been getting accustomed to it and reading this site. Got the car on Mother’s Day this year. 67k miles and been a dealer with 203 miles since 2003 ish. Everything is stock but the MAF and fuel pump. Got the MAF from Eric.

This is a new hobby but I’m looking to get the fundamentals down on a car I’ve wanted since I was a kid.
Well ya got a good amount of work ahead of ya….😁😉 Coming up on the perfect time of year depending on where you’re at.

Be a good idea like TH said get rid of that chip yesterday & again get with Eric on a new chip for your set-up. Not to mention timing chain(due to nylon), valve springs, etc & keep the boost down or it’s gonna get real pricy for ya.

Well ya got a good amount of work ahead of ya….😁😉 Coming up on the perfect time of year depending on where you’re at.

Be a good idea like TH said get rid of that chip yesterday & again get with Eric on a new chip for your set-up. Not to mention timing chain(due to nylon), valve springs, etc & keep the boost down or it’s gonna get real pricy for ya.

This is a first.. timing chain?! Okay. Thanks for the heads up. Good thing Eric and I are within an arms reach. :)

This is a first.. timing chain?! Okay. Thanks for the heads up. Good thing Eric and I are within an arms reach. :)

Scoob if fuel pressure is that low (35) its going to add lots of fuel but your right vacuum lines and exhaust need to be addressed
we don't know much about you or the car so you will get hit with a few surprises.
it was a car that took me 15 year to get. It had 77k , my timing chain was intact but was on its way out.
do you intend to leave it mostly stock? If so you need a chip and injectors combo from Eric and a hot wire and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
this is included with timing chain and springs at boost below 15*. Keep good Dino oil in it and good quality oil filter. and if you want to open a big can of worms ask what oil and filter is best. You will need these mods just to keep mostly stock and drivable
As soon as you want to turn the boost up or add a bigger turbo we will be talking transmission

Scoob if fuel pressure is that low (35) its going to add lots of fuel but your right vacuum lines and exhaust need to be addressed
we don't know much about you or the car so you will get hit with a few surprises.
it was a car that took me 15 year to get. It had 77k , my timing chain was intact but was on its way out.
do you intend to leave it mostly stock? If so you need a chip and injectors combo from Eric and a hot wire and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
this is included with timing chain and springs at boost below 15*. Keep good Dino oil in it and good quality oil filter. and if you want to open a big can of worms ask what oil and filter is best. You will need these mods just to keep mostly stock and drivable
As soon as you want to turn the boost up or add a bigger turbo we will be talking transmission
Yeah I 'want' to keep it mostly stock and keep it in shape for my daughter to have (she's an infant). :)
Just replaced resonators and will get a new muffler soon. Considering an entire new exhaust to give it a lil more mean sound.

Looking at getting a racetronix rail and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Going to get a smoke tester to test for leaks.

Appreciate the note! Actually never been into cars like that but looking to learn how to do stuff on my own. When checking the fuel pressure is the end of the rail supposed to be open or should there be a cap? Also do I need to do anything other than stick the fuel pressure gauge on the end of the rail to get the pressure?

Yeah I 'want' to keep it mostly stock and keep it in shape for my daughter to have (she's an infant). :)
Just replaced resonators and will get a new muffler soon. Considering an entire new exhaust to give it a lil more mean sound.

Looking at getting a racetronix rail and adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Going to get a smoke tester to test for leaks.

Appreciate the note! Actually never been into cars like that but looking to learn how to do stuff on my own. When checking the fuel pressure is the end of the rail supposed to be open or should there be a cap? Also do I need to do anything other than stick the fuel pressure gauge on the end of the rail to get the pressure?
If you’re keeping it “fairly stock” why spend money on fuel rails? I run -6 & -8 on E85 through the stock rails.

As for FP. Should be a Schrader valve with a cap. Twist cap off, put gauge on. I have a transducer & gauge now but I started with a screw on gauge with a drain tube to check FP. I’m not a big leave gauge on fuel rail guy.

If you’re keeping it “fairly stock” why spend money on fuel rails? I run -6 & -8 on E85 through the stock rails.

As for FP. Should be a Schrader valve with a cap. Twist cap off, put gauge on. I have a transducer & gauge now but I started with a screw on gauge with a drain tube to check FP. I’m not a big leave gauge on fuel rail guy.

good call out. I was looking to have a fuel pressure reader on the rail at all times and they had one with it built in.
So interesting you say twist cap off. My fuel rail has no cap.

turbo t is correct just need the fuel pressure test kit . The fuel rail is no needed but they do have bling.

good call out. I was looking to have a fuel pressure reader on the rail at all times and they had one with it built in.
So interesting you say twist cap off. My fuel rail has no cap.
I'm like Turbo T fuel pressure gage belongs in tool box. I too run a transducer but we race our cars and like having that data for fine tuning.
and the real kit will not work on OE fuel line.
Caching 179.00 rail 159.00 regulator and hose kit 500.00. Mostly stock timing chan and valve spring
Baby Steps NewBee Baby Steps

After the @THensley and others post you are right. I ordered the Fuel Pressure read that he posted. Waiting on it to arrive.

Also just some additional FYI from the other day:
BLM's go down when lifting foot off gas at a good 55mph range. Down to 128 ish but 150 every other time. IAC's after warm and driving are in the 60-80 range.

Someone mentioned the exhaust.. I believe I have a bad muffler (hole in it).

Also just some additional FYI from the other day:
BLM's go down when lifting foot off gas at a good 55mph range. Down to 128 ish but 150 every other time. IAC's after warm and driving are in the 60-80 range.

Someone mentioned the exhaust.. I believe I have a bad muffler (hole in it).

Might wanna read up on BLM's...and if you don't...then I have vids on how to change head gaskets.

READ THIS on BLM's

Asking myself a question out loud and online.. (if I have an exhaust leak) I had planned to upgrade the exhaust and I've read a few thoughts on this in this forum. Which brand do you suggest for that deep sound but on a stock engine? I have no plans to race or do anything but keep it in good shape. Make sure I do the maintenance..etc.
Magnaflow, GN1, Pypes, Flowmaster, Borla (if they make one for this)...
I've heard about changing the size but is it going to benefit me much? If it's a little boost in power at a good value exchange I'd consider bigger sizes (if you all recommend it). LOL reading what I typed and know how I feel I just know I'm going to end up over doing it at some point haha :)

Thank you, you've been awesome to read. This site, Vortex and Youtube has been great for me to spend time learning about this car.

Welp all the smoke test passed. No leaks anywhere. Two shops tried and both could not find a leak. They recommended looking into a new ECM or something.