Which AFPR Kirban's or Accufab?

From what I could tell the anonymization gets removed where the ball hits the seat.

But, then again, I don't think the party likker is a corrosive as everybody makes it out to be..

here is a topic I know a little about...lst I appreciate all the nice words...we do have a superior product that is virtually trouble free. Here are some of the reasons....first each one is hand built by one single person in the USA and has been since around 1990...for every one Buick we sell we sell 20 or more Mustang ones to mustang companies thousands of them over the years....those people know it as kirban or billet style...in that world its the only one that fitted under 16 different aftermarket intakes on a 5.0 engine....

we stand behind it.

also same guy makes them for our porsche market we sell to tuners... I stumbled on that market by accident years ago. I never owned a Porsche)

Not sure but ours may be a tad cheaper than the accufab....again not knocking their product but we sell an awful lot of them in the ford world and never once placed and ad in any magazine.....

same guy builds for us C5 C6 and C7 shifters for the corvette world...

tough to beat our product on any level as far as adjustable fuel regulators are concerned....we may not do everything right but on this product we nailed it...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I've had an Accufab on one car for 28 years no issues.

Have an Accufab also on my daily driver GN that's been on 13 years no issues....
That's the thing that had me and Earl puzzled... people had used them for yrs with no issues... but now there is....

To answer the above comments again a ll my units are built by one individual since 1990 I doubt that is the case with other regulators with other companies...so quality is pretty much dead on unchanged.....we would not be able to crack the Porsche market which is alot tougher when you are virtually an unkown company in that world if we did not have a great product.

my source has a hard time keeping up with the demand as tough as it may be to understand we sell more Mustang regulator last few years than years ago and they have not made a 5.0 engine in a Mustang since I think 1933 or so....

here is another tidbit....Out west I think in Nevada they run what is called a Silver State Classic its a 90 mile course where you run flat out to determine who runs the quickest over the 90 mile course.....In 1999 in the womans division Susan Kirby drove her highly tune 928 Porsche 1988 model. The car dynoed at 453 hp at the rear wheels 5 speed with the stock rear end ratio. It was her daily driver. This highly tuned Porsche had our regulator on it.

She clocked the 90 mile stretch at an average speed of 167 mph...at the time she held the record in the womans division Only 4 other male drivers beat that time and they trailered their cars to the event...she drove her Porsche to the event.

My same source make source style adjustable fuel regulator that can handle 1,000 hp. Currently we supply Porsche ones to a tuner that builds some very high end Porsche engines.

Again the Porsche market is not huge and neither is the Buick one but the Mustang market is quite huge as those owners know which regulator to go with.

I remember when I had the first Porsche regulator built it took some convincing this local Porsche tuner to even try it since I had zero knowledge about Porsche cars.

True story.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Member 167 mph was her average......trust me if our regulators did not stand up to the test Porsche tuners would not be buying them!

Well got the new Kirban's unit on today. Looks better too. It sure does rise with boost nice and quick. Feels a little stronger too. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20160408_221900.jpg
    20160408_221900.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
Nice.. it's one of the best imop

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's the thing that had me and Earl puzzled... people had used them for yrs with no issues... but now there is....

I think the powerlogger with a pressure transducer is what done it. That thing might have worked ''fine'' for years if you didn't have the ability to log the data and see how choppy it was.

As far as not holding pressure after key off, after that day in the Home Depot parking lot (lol) it downed on me... Holding pressure is something the FPR never has to do under running conditions. Under use it's never sealed. It's a variable metered leak. And in the Accufab's case, a shitty one that that.

The data was plain as day. The Kirbin unit was rock solid, and the Accufab was all over the place.