Dakota Digital gauges

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I am tempted by some Dakota Digital gauges for my GN. I've looked at the "HDX" series but I find the colored message center in the middle of the gauges look too "gimmicky". The ones I really like are the "VHX" series, especially with a black alloy background and white lighting (pictures below). I don't want any red or blue lighting. With the white lighted gauges, only the needles turn red when lit (see the third picture) which I think gives them some kind of "factory" look.
To those who have them, what are your comments (good or bad) about them? ... Would you buy them again?
Thanks everyone,
Claude. ;)
prd_ssh_3961_7252.jpg
prd_ssh_3961_7253.jpg
prd_ssh_3961_7256.jpg

I have the VHX and would buy again. Having volts, temp, and oil pressure consolidated in one location instead of individual gauges and pods was worth it to me. Dakota Digital recently came out with the RTX for our cars. A lot more $$$ but I like the retro styling.

Dakota Digital RTX

I have the VHX and would buy again. Having volts, temp, and oil pressure consolidated in one location instead of individual gauges and pods was worth it to me. Dakota Digital recently came out with the RTX for our cars. A lot more $$$ but I like the retro styling.

Dakota Digital RTX
Thanks for your reply... I looked at the RTX's too but 'm not crazy about the two little square message centers in each corners... I still prefer the VHX series which is surely what I'd get if I ever decide to do it.
Claude. ;)

We've used several variations of the DD gauges.
I used the VHX in my LS conversion. Nice piece!
Also, several 55-57 Chevys. Latest is a 55 pu with the RTX.
My bucket list 55 is going together with the VHX.

The first dash they did for 55's was in my previous 55 build.
Always good service from those folks.

I forgot to mention that I have their VHX gauges in my '71 Chevelle and I just e-mailed them to ask if I send them my cluster if they could replace the blue leds with white ones butI haven't got a reply yet. Back when I bought it, there was only two choices either blue or red but now that they have white, I think it would look much better, less "ricer".
Claude.

I have them in my car and loved them took them out when I went to the holly dash