Where's the ET?

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
I have a theory but am wanting everyone's opinion on this... My best run this past weekend was:

60'.....1.624
1/8....7.426
mph...90.78
1/4....11.700
mph...115.81

That was my best 60' ever and that mph should be worth more. I lock the converter in third, so I think I'm loosing the ET with the converter open for the beginning of the run.

Opinions? Facts?

easy way to test your theory,lock the converter top of 2nd.that slip doesn't look bad although to me the 1/8 mph should be higher,and i would like to see what the 330 looks like.

MPH is always an indication of HP. You may not be making enuf to warrant a higher MPH. I just went 11.5 at 121 with a soft 1.83 launch at 20 PSI. 02's were real low...at 736 tho...pretty lean.

easy way to test your theory,lock the converter top of 2nd.that slip doesn't look bad although to me the 1/8 mph should be higher,and i would like to see what the 330 looks like.

And I'm just worried about locking it in 2nd. I know a lot of people do it, but the shift into 3rd seems like it'd be too hard...

You need to compare to a car with same or similar bolt-ons. I go against the grain but I think locking up a relatively stock motor in 2nd gear pulls the motor down. With a 5 disk (like I have) you don't need to lockup until 75 to 85. I'm currently locking at 80. It's like an extra gear without pulling the RPM's down below the power range. Everything in my sig is the same except I now have a 6265 performing like my TA60 on five less lbs of boost.
The 11.06 run was with 30 lbs of boost on an ideal day. I run 11.30 at 121 on 25 lbs with the 6265 locking at 80.

Locking the converter will effect your MPH far more than it will effect your ET.

A good 60 ft time will effect your ET far more than it will effect your MPH.

Locking the converter will effect your MPH far more than it will effect your ET.

A good 60 ft time will effect your ET far more than it will effect your MPH.

Agreed, but aren't my short times good enough for a sub 11.5 run?

You need to compare to a car with same or similar bolt-ons. I go against the grain but I think locking up a relatively stock motor in 2nd gear pulls the motor down. With a 5 disk (like I have) you don't need to lockup until 75 to 85. I'm currently locking at 80. It's like an extra gear without pulling the RPM's down below the power range. Everything in my sig is the same except I now have a 6265 performing like my TA60 on five less lbs of boost.
The 11.06 run was with 30 lbs of boost on an ideal day. I run 11.30 at 121 on 25 lbs with the 6265 locking at 80.

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I just see here where you can hit 11.99 with 110mph, and I'd think my car is making more power than a 110mph car so where's my ET? I don't want to complain though. My setup is awesome on the street and my numbers are good for a 25 year old car, but relative to other TR's, I want more!

How much boost are you running with the 44?

Just took mine to the track and feel the same way you do I want more..Only my 1st time to the track with this car using Direct scan which we all know is narrow band readings....

60'....2.043
330'....5.235
1/8......7.850 @ 94.88
1/4.......11.949 @ 120.02

Rarely, do ET and MPH go hand in hand with a turbo car....If you want ET, focus on your 60'. Locking the converter in second is a sure way of upgrading an input shaft on a car that is making a little hp. My opinion...results may vary

locking up the trans in any gear is hard on the car.you have to look at what your car needs not exactly what others are doing.your 60ft and 330 need to come down if you want to better your et period.your car is backhalfing 24mph which is healthy.my 49 turbo went over 98mph in the 1/8, stock cam,25psi,and backhalved 25mph.get the car out of the hole and play with the lockup.also if your going for sub 11.50 the car requires alot of safety equipment or you get tossed,not to mention alot more $ in parts.

How much boost are you running with the 44?

I run 23psi with the converter open and it hits 25psi with the converter locked. It's a little fat at 23psi, say 10.8afr, and it settles at a nice 11.0afr at 25psi. Thanks to everyone for the replies. It all makes sense. To Mr. Spool, thanks for the reply, I know they get on you at 11.50 for not having a cage but I'd like to get booted once...I can always go slower;)