Where'd That Friggin' Thread Go?!?!

The members did nothing wrong in pointing out the shill bidding by Mark and Bruce letting it go on.

So is it a forgone conclusion that this was shillbidding or did Mark really buy the car? I didn't follow the auction, but is it true it jumped from around 11 grand to around 20 grand after Marks bid? About where was the reserve set?

Okay, so you guys are saying that the guy who apparently had a range on his bid, the Superman collector, is Bruce or someone he knows? If he bid the car up out of range, then no one would buy it. So what if he can't sell the car? If someone feels it is worth that money, they'll buy it. Does the Ebay Psychic know for sure who the bidder is who apparently put in a bid range from $12k to $20k? Is the car really not worth it? Who is arffy in IL, they won and have over 1000 feedback, almost all positive.
This is a witch hunt and you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. IF it's true. If it IS true, it's his car. It's not like he's really selling a tire valve cap hidden in there.

If this board changes hands again, the smartest thing that person could do would be to remain totally anonymous.

Okay, so you guys are saying that the guy who apparently had a range on his bid, the Superman collector, is Bruce or someone he knows? If he bid the car up out of range, then no one would buy it. So what if he can't sell the car? If someone feels it is worth that money, they'll buy it. Does the Ebay Psychic know for sure who the bidder is who apparently put in a bid range from $12k to $20k? Is the car really not worth it? Who is arffy in IL

Arffy is HOTTOGO aka Mark from PTS

This is undisputed. Pull up one of HOTTOGO's posts and follow his link to his Monte Carlo pictures and you will see that he goes by Arffy. Now whether or not he actually bought the car is still unconfirmed. Very suspicious though. AS THE BUICK TURNS. LOL :D :D

I still don't see what difference it makes. Is the car not worth it? Is someone going to be forced to out bid it? :confused:
It's his car to sell, or not sell. What does that have to do with the board? Will the critics also be put under the microscope? Hardly fair, most don't have as public a life as Bruce, being self employed etc. Just about every vendor has been scrutinized and criticized on a message board (not just in the Buick world), Bruce is no different. Why can't you all just go back to using the board and get on with your lives? The thread that started this particular discussion was deleted by the originator, not mod's. End of story.

I go to about 3 estate auctions a week, bidding on many items. It only takes 2 people in the world that want something bad enough to make a huge difference in the price of what something goes for, and if one of them is a shill bidder, the other guy could end up paying a hell of alot more that he otherwise would have if the shill bidder was not in the mix. That is why there is a reserve price feature. Yes it is wrong to do it, and yes it could make a big impact on what the winning bidder pays for it.

I still don't see what difference it makes

Well, I think if something shady is going on it could reflect on the practices of a business owner some of us might one day do business with.

Is someone going to be forced to out bid it?

Well if someone wanted the car they would be forced to outbid the shill bidder who has no intention of buying the car. A person should just use a reserve rather than have a buddy bidding to suck every dollar they think they can out of someone.

What does that have to do with the board?

Just curiousity. Personally wondering if Mark really did buy the car and when he's gonna run it so we can see what that thing can do. If it was a scam then I think it would have bearing on whether I would ever bid on something listed by Bruce.

Will the critics also be put under the microscope?

Oh.. Probably not unless somebody takes it up. Nobodys perfect granted. But I gurantee if I jack somebody out of a buck on here, you'll read about it on here. LOL;)

Hardly fair, most don't have as public a life as Bruce, being self employed etc.

True, but when you own a business that deals with the public, your integrity is always under scrutiny. Goes with the territory

Just about every vendor has been scrutinized and criticized on a message board (not just in the Buick world), Bruce is no different. Why can't you all just go back to using the board and get on with your lives?

True, alot of criticism of vendors is present but truthfully it allows the rest of us to see how they handle it. Its not really the criticism you take its how you deal with it that says alot about how you do business.

Now my question to you is if it is found out that Mark didn't buy the car and they were just trying to pump up the price, would you feel confident bidding on anything that Bruce listed on Ebay in the future?

As far as getting on with life, your right, I gotta go to San Antonio so ya'll have a good day. :D :D :D

Originally posted by Jesse
Correct , TurboDave.
I also believe that a super mod & admins should (I do) let the mod of a specifics forum know he has deleted a thread in his or her forum.

<snip>

Jesse
:)

You're right, I forgot about the originator of the thread being able to delete the thread by deleting the original post that started the thread.

So, what you're telling me is, DCEPTCN is the only one that could have deleted that thread??

No. Musclecar Neal started and deleted the thread and once again sorry for pointing the finger. With all the deletions that go on though it was easy to jump the gun. :D :D :D

Originally posted by TurboDave
You're right, I forgot about the originator of the thread being able to delete the thread by deleting the original post that started the thread.

So, what you're telling me is, DCEPTCN is the only one that could have deleted that thread??
MY deletion?! That doesn't even make sense there, dude.

Mark Harff is not Mark at PTS. Harff is in Chicago and I am presently still in the Sacramento area. As far as "shell" bidding, I don't know what has gone on as I haven't been here until today, this week.
It is a common practice however on E Bay for this to occur. I myself would have either had a reserve or pulled the auction if the bids were not up to a respectable level.
Ok, enough said, Mark aka HOTTOGO is not Mark 2quiktocare. Mark Harff is a much better person than I.

Mark

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Mark Harff is not Mark at PTS. Harff is in Chicago and I am presently still in the Sacramento area. As far as "shell" bidding, I don't know what has gone on as I haven't been here until today, this week.
It is a common practice however on E Bay for this to occur. I myself would have either had a reserve or pulled the auction if the bids were not up to a respectable level.
Ok, enough said, Mark aka HOTTOGO is not Mark 2quiktocare. Mark Harff is a much better person than I.

Mark

It is NOT a common practice. If $XXX.XX is wanted from an auction, one uses the reserve feature, or starts the auction at the minimum they would accept. To list something, and either "shill" or end the auction early beacuse the bids aren't where they want them to be is no worse than someone winning an auction and not paying for it.

I can't imagine the belly-aching we would hear if someone legitimately won that auction and didn't pay. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[QT]

Mark [/B][/QUOTE]

Shill biding is againts the rules of Ebay and well it should be.No ands, ifs or buts..............Luv ya all:D :D :D

Originally posted by musclecar neal
It would be very hard for the members to appolgize for calling attention to an act by the owner of the board and a mod when the owner and some mods seem to always say they are the ones with the high morals. The members did nothing wrong in pointing out the shill bidding by Mark and Bruce letting it go on. It totally destroys ANY credibilty once had by the seller and shill bidder. It will be next to imposible for anyone to believe a word the boards owner says ever again. He has made his bed, not us and must sleep in it forever. It would be easier for the masses to swallow if the self rightous board owner would have been more understanding of other faults as he is his own. Bruce has always been very cool to me and The first time we ever spoke we talked for almost 2.5 hours. I know he has a handfull with the shop, the board and his health but only the ones without sin should cast the stones. I don't see Jesus or Mary around here do you? I am no where near perfect myself but I never banned anyone or deleted another members post because I did not like what it said.

Neal

All right where do I start..... here it goes.... but before I start, put yourself in my shoes for a minute.... as I’m trying to bite my tongue a little bit before writing this!!! But BEWARE it’s hard with people like musclecar neal and others on here.... you want to talk about PATHETIC!!!!

Yes I’m a member here on this board and a Moderator in the trans talk forum and a close friend of Bruce. I don’t read the rest of the board, I just share a common interest in the trannies and G-body styles of these cars and the MCSS’s. But when I was told to checkout what is being said about myself and Bruce I could hardly believe it. Hey Neal who made you the self appointed watcher of ebay and who and what is right or wrong .... especially when you have no clue as to what is going on. I read that our silence about this proves our guilt...

Originally posted by SamsonTR
Both parties silence in regards to the auction and allegations posted here and there speak volumes. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt - but it looks like there is indeed deception afoot.. :(

Well to that I say “BS” I didn’t know I had to check in with mommy before I did something these days! :confused:

But since there seems to be a few among us here that need to satisfied to quite their whining, I will speak my peace, even though I don’t understand why or feel the need to, bcuz I could care less what you think or feel about me but for Bruce’s sake I will speak.

Bruce does not check-in with me on what he does and I had no idea he was listing the GN and he had no idea I was going to place a bid after I seen it was up for sale. He was as surprised as many of you were. YES I DID BID ON IT AND WON IT FAIR AND SQUARE!!! :p So there, does that spell it out for you’s in doubt or question. I seen the car in person, I’ve been in it and heard it run, unfortunately never got to drive when I was there bcuz of the hassle it would have been to get it out. But I will know soon what it runs like!!! :D I think maybe allot of what is being said on here has allot to do with jealousy. Yes I own it, well as soon as payment is made that is, but who wouldn’t want to own it especially at that price! For me it is the best of both worlds, I get the G-bodied, GM powered race car I’ve always wanted but haven’t had the time to finish. I have like $15,000 wrapped up in my Monte and it doesn’t even compare to the 1BADGN! So if you want to know why I bid on it there it is CUZ I COULD and wanted to and did and now it’s mine or will be shortly. For those that want to know how fast it is, you will know when I do and for those that seem to have the need to watch me and what I do, you’ll know when I have it when the Monte goes up for bid, so keep watching. Well I hope this clarifies a little bit about this subject and makes some happy, although I’m sure it won’t. To the many that I feel need to make an apology... apology accepted. To the many that I’m sure won’t.. oh well!!!

PS. '86 Monte Carlo SS For Sale asking $15,000

hey man, congrats on being the winning bidder on the car..

let us know how it does at the track
BW

Pot calling the kettle black!

I wrote a very long post and it did not post. So this will be short. If I am wrong I am wrong. I can admit when I am wrong. I was not the one that pointed this out, I just saw the injustice and said my peace. The big problem is even if you show everyone on the board proof that the car is yours and that you paid what the bid was it won't mean a thing. If have been in your shoes more than once in life and it's not fun. If I have oversteeped the rules I will take it like a man. I must say one last thing to the board ownership and mods. Last week these posts would have lasted an hour or less. This week they were not touched. That says quite a lot about changes around here and I give credit where it's due. Kudos to the mods and Bruce for letting us voice an opinion other than the managements .

Mark, I will be the first to say If I am wrong I have done you pretty bad. Too bad it will never be proven either way in many members eyes.

Neal