Where'd That Friggin' Thread Go?!?!

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
This is pathetic, I've always stood up for this site when it was railed by others and now I really don't know what to think.

Not to worry, this thread will be deleted too since it shows hate and discontent.:eek:

Go to the other board and read the thread, 'Is he bidding on his own car?'.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Delete Delete now the clones are getting wise... Hurry

Do you still have to pay full price when you bid up the bosses.........um, Chev-uick for him?

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT, YOU WORMS!

This is pathetic, I've always stood up for this site when it was railed by others and now I really don't know what to think. Well, there's your admission of guilt, folks!

I dont know what happen to the thread you are talking about ...But I too am tired of these threads disappearing , especially when I , Jack , Nick or Bruce DID NOT delete it.

I think we should take away the delete option so we can stop being blamed for this bs, but then again if we do that we will be yelled at for trying to control our members......:mad: what do we do :confused:

ATTENTION to the member who made the thread DCEPTCN and others are saying we deleted , did you delete your thread? (we didnt) if so please let the board know.

Jesse

Re: Re: Where'd That Friggin' Thread Go?!?!

jesse-
I totally agree that we should get rid of the DELETE button, if anyone has the balls enough to say what they have to say, then so be it... maybe they will regret it later, and think next time they do something toopid

how about emailing the original thread starter and asking if he deleted it?

hope nobody gets upset that i posted a link to that deleted thread above
thanks
BW

Originally posted by Jesse
I dont know what happen to the thread you are talking about ...But I too am tired of these threads disappearing , especially when I , Jack , Nick or Bruce DID NOT delete it.

I think we should take away the delete option so we can stop being blamed for this bs, but then again if we do that we will be yelled at for trying to control our members......:mad: what do we do :confused:

ATTENTION to the member who made the thread DCEPTCN and others are saying we deleted , did you delete your thread? (we didnt) if so please let the board know.

Jesse

Well, sometimes I go back and delete some of my old BS'ing posts that have no value as Buick info just to save some bandwidth on the site but I guess it doesn't matter. Lots of times on my crappy keyboard I accidently hit a key that sends a post in before I'm done typing it. The edit/delete function helps on that some too.

Re: Re: Where'd That Friggin' Thread Go?!?!

Originally posted by Jesse

Jesse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it (at least this is the way it used to be), the only people that can delete a thread from a given forum are the moderators of that forum, super moderators, or administrors. Correct?
Please clerify, when did the software change that allows anybody to delete any thread???????????????????????

Example: as a moderator in the chips forum I cannot control or delete threads in any other forum, including this one, to which I am not a moderator.

My future on this board as a moderator depends entirely on your reply.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it (at least this is the way it used to be), the only people that can delete a thread from a given forum are the moderators of that forum, super moderators, or administrors. Correct?

The person that started the thread can also delete it

No, the thread originator can delete their original post which will delete the thread. Just like I did with the battery post.

My .02,
Cancel that originator-delete option for a while. You never know who will intentionally start up a drama thread just so they can delete it later to add to the drama.

edit: sorry for the double post, turbot beat me to it.

Correct , TurboDave.
I also believe that a super mod & admins should (I do) let the mod of a specifics forum know he has deleted a thread in his or her forum.

Thank you musclecar neal for letting the board know you delete your own thread.

We all make mistakes...thats the easy part , The hard part is how you handle your mistake.
I think apologizes are needed on BOTH sides.

Jesse
:)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Thank you for making that clear. So, yeah--who deleted it?

Wow worms and f,,cking cowards.....
You Know a apology would have gone good with that post of yours.