Where to buy 3 1/2 " down pipe

Garycar

A friend intends to compete in TSM at the National's this year and is reasonably convinced that the 3 1/2 " down pipe has an advantage over the 3" down pipe when running in the high 9's low 10's. Word is that up to 25 hp was observed on a chassis dyno. Terry Houston was producing them some years back but is no longer. Red Armstrong had talked about having some built but I believe that too is no longer. ATR does not build a 3 1/2 " downpipe. Does anyone know of a vender who sells 3 1/2" downpipes? Preferably stainless but mild steel will be ok. Thank you.

fullthrottlespeed.com
havent asked if he has them but they were listed on the website

Full Throttle had a great deal on them and thats where I got mine.

HPC Polished Aluminum Hipercoating on it inside and out was only $65. Here is where you can get some 3.5" 3 bolt flanges just in case you want to make everything a bolt on affair to it.
www.magnumforce.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=7
You need to scroll down a bit but you can find them.

Here is if you want to add a 3" cat for emissions and want a reducer so that you can just bolt it on and off.
www.drgas.com/Reducer-Cone-Heaven.asp

SS 3.5" flange, so far I can only find them on ebay for $42
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7955952854&category=33636&sspagename=WD1V

YOUR FRIEND IS CORRECT AND THE NUMBERS I GOT FROM A GOOD FRIEND/TUNER WAS 30 HP.
I ALSO WAS CONSIDERING BUYING ONE AND CHECKED FULL THROTTLE AND IT WAS I BELIEVE 529.00 WITH DUMP PIPE. ALSO I HAVE HEARD OF JACK COTTON MAKING THEM FOR CUSTOMERS YOU MAY WANT TO GIVE HIM A CALL ALSO.

Thanks for the information guys. This forum is such an asset to the turbo Buick community. Without it we would all make the same mistakes and be forced to reinvent the wheel each time an issue arose. Mike Licht is a wealth of information. He really knows the turbo Regal. He tells me that Terry Houston had manufactured a 3 1/2 " down pipes but mostly for stock header applications although he might have built a pipe or two for friends who had aftermarket headers.

GARY,HOW DID YOU MAKE OUT WITH THE DP?
IM LOOKING TO BUY ONE NOW MYSELF AND IM WONDERING IF ANYONE FOUND OUT IF FULL THROTTLE ACTUALLY DOES HAVE THEM OR IF IM GOING TO END UP HAVING A CUSTOM ONE MADE.
ALSO DOES ANYONE KNOW IT THE DUMP ON THE HUSTON 3 1/2 DP IS A 3" DUMP OR 3 1/2" DUMP? IT WOULD SUCK IF I COULDNT USE MY ELECTRIC DUMP WITH IT

3 1/2 THDP

The 3 1/2 Houston Down Pipe will work with stock headers or Houston headers.. A new 3 1/2 THDP pipe is in the works that will work with ATR or KB headers and should be here shortly.. Check with Red Armstrong at Quad Air or Mike at Full Throttle.. Hope this helps..

I called Mike Licht at Full Throttle. He told me that Terry Houston's down pipe was made for stock header applications and possibly for his own header design but it is no longer in production. According to my sources Red Armstrong was going to have 10 or so 3 1/2 " down pipes produced but for some reason has changed his mind. So at this point in time I believe the only way to have a 3 1/2" DP is to have it custom built but that would involve leaving the car at a weld shop and the added expense. I have a unique problem in my case as my new 76 GTQ turbo has the 4 bolt turbine discharge. Most downpipes are made for turbine housings with the built in wastegate. If I hear anything more I will post it here. Thanks to all for your comments.

I will call and check it out

Well I will call Susan today and check it out and let you know what I find out...

FULL THROTTLE IS OUT OF STOCO FOR 2 WEEKS.
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE RIGHT NOW?
IF NOT ILL HAVE A CUSTOM ONE MADE,PRICE IS THE SAME.