!!!! where is my mph???? im thinking i should be faster than 12.25 et

mysem9

My current set up on my 1987 gn is, i have a prescision ptb 6152 turbo, stock heads, stock location stretched intercooler,delphi 50lb injectors,walbro 255 pump, th 3inch down pipe, comp 980 valve springs, stock cam, 200r4 tranny,ptc 10 inch 3200 to 3400 converter, eric marshall turbo tweek chip set up for 110 race gas 26 degrees of timing 25lbs of boost, im using ac delco r42ts plugs, adjustable regulator fuel pressure set at 43psi with the line off and 40 with the line on at idle at wot my fuel pressure gauge reads 80 psi my mv on the scanmaster all the way through the quarter mile is 800 with 0 retard my timeslips of my pass is 12.31 @ 108, 60ft 1.78, 1/8 mile 7.82@ 87.82,what do i have wrong or is this all i can get out of this set up??????

You need to state what fuel you are using. 26* timing? 80 psi fuel at WOT?
60' could use some work. What tires and what pressure? Can you hold boost at the starting line? Launch psi?

Bryan

You have something seriously wrong. At 25PSI that turbo should have at least broken the 11's. At least it better have that capability, or my plans are going to be disappointing. I am guessing the fueling has nothing to do with it considering you had 800MVs, no knock at WOT.

You need to state what fuel you are using. 26* timing? 80 psi fuel at WOT?
60' could use some work. What tires and what pressure? Can you hold boost at the starting line? Launch psi?

Bryan

I'm gonna agree with Bryan here. There's more to the car that isn't being told. The 60' needs quite a bit of work so my guess is a traction issue along with some other issues. Tire size, pressure, boost on the line before launch?

Something has to be way off in that tune/setup! To be only running low 12's with everything you've indicated. You've got for more turbo than I do, less intercooler, same injectors, but all the other stuff is similar, like fuel, timing, boost, etc. and you're running very rich. But..... you should be in the 11.6's anyway, and 115mph, or 117 if you can lock the TCC at around 80mph.

i would advise getting a wideband on the car,and as asked what fuel is being used.800's wot with say 116 octane is way rich,and will kill the power all the way through the run starting with the 60ft.i have tuned race gas down to 690's-720's back in the day and the car dropped from 12.20's to 11.80's.its so much easier to see the tune in real time with the wideband.

You're probably too rich amongst things. Only picking up 20mph out the back

What tire are you running?

Are you running the wheel tire combo that is shown in your profile picture?

I am running vp 110 race gas, 255/60/15 m/t drag radials, the converter is a non lock up,

" A pass i recorded of my car at the track

[video=youtube_share;wT6R4JAPY7M]http://youtu.be/wT6R4JAPY7M[/video]

I would say running rich or TC/Trans slippage or both. Do you have a built trans?

As stated above I would have thought you would have trapped close to 115 with 25lbs of boost and ran 1180s with that 60ft.

I just noticed that your set up is very close to what mine was in 2007. My car ran consistent 12.30's at 108. I ran spprtsman pros, stall wass 3000. The converter sucked, tranny was strong. Looking back i should have focused more on my transbrake and ran a taller tire. I had the power to be in the low 11's or sooner. Driving skill wasnt there.

The leave did not look bad and it sounds like it was building boost fine, hit the tires OK, I am going for RICH down track.

I would say running rich or TC/Trans slippage or both. Do you have a built trans?

As stated above I would have thought you would have trapped close to 115 with 25lbs of boost and ran 1180s with that 60ft.

X2. If you are seeing 800 on the scanmaster through the traps its even richer in 1st and 2nd gear. Sweet6 touched on all the points I would look into. Do you have a way to see what the RPM was at the finish line?

The tune is off. With 110 I would get the a/f up to around 11.5:1- 12:1. This is why I dont like the off the shelf chip one tune fits all.

"..adjustable regulator fuel pressure set at 43psi with the line off and 40 with the line on at idle at wot my fuel pressure gauge reads 80 psi.."

80 psi fuel pressure at WOT ..

so either you're running 37lbs of boost
or your base fuel pressure base setting is 55psi
or your gauge is fubar

which is it ???

set the base FP to 43psi line off (use a fuel gauge known to be accurate )
it should rise one to one under boost so at 25 psi boost you should see 68psi fuel pressure