Where did Buddy Ingersoll go?

out of the box potential was years ahead of any other car then and now,and with the advent of technology of aftermarket parts tested and proven by you'all has made the turbo buick a winner to this day.its still a sore spot to mention for other manufactor's , and that pleases the hell out me,:tongue:

With what Bob.B has done, Cal H, The suspension setups, The wideband setups, The Tranny guys, Julios Alky, Jason Cramers work, Erics chip, Members on here like Turbofabricator and Bison just to name a couple, With the wealth of info on here All of our cars are pretty darn scary at the track as well as the street.

my brother leroy does alot of this stated above at his shop and i just stop in and tweak here and there,some really nice replacements out there. one of guys in here holler'in "LETS GIVE EM ONE MORE SEASON".....:biggrin:

Welcome!

I got my first Turbo Buick when I was 18. A good buddy of mine raced IHRA Prostocks in the 80's and early 90's (he was on a very limited budget and only went to a few races a year...made the show a few times). Anyways when I first brought my Regal to his shop he told me about this guy named Buddy Ingersoll and his bad@ss turbo Buick that showed up. He dug up some old magazines with your stuff in it.....you were instantly my new hero:D That was 12 years ago. My friend has since passed, but I will always remember that day:smile:

I saw you run Glidden on some tv re-runs about 4 months ago. Was awesome to watch. I wish I would have seen your car in person, but I was an oblivious kid.. Thanks
I remember that :cool: i think its was in 1986 summer .ESPN . Glidden crying over V6:biggrin:..:biggrin: That same week i bought my frist TR..;);)

i am truley humbled by all of you ,you have carried the torch on. thank you...........

Buddy I don't think you truly understand the impact of what you did so many years ago and especially since you joined the board. You are the pinnacle of what we have become so many years later. You took that chance and look what you have accomplished and your accomplishments since then. We are just glad to have you and so many others on the board that can help us find our way with the little ole' V6. We might be carrying the torch but that flame that began that torch started some 23-24 years ago in a little town named Zeigler. Put it this way, in March you may get carpel tunnel for having to sign tshirts, pictures, cars, and anything else the women might bring your way ;) The honor is ours...

BTW, thanks for returning that phone call 5 months ago. Since then here we are!!

I will throw this one out there too. If you find yourself not busy oh.... lets say..... mid May sometime why don't you hitch a ride with Bobby Don and come on out to Kentucky?? Whatcha think??

been to that section dont know if i could ad to what already been posted,some very smart people here. tear it down put back together ,pull it out on the highway at 2 in the morning wfo to herrin (next town) till i saw red lights-turn around wfo back in garage ,shut lights off and watch the law shoot thru intersection. now thats r and d! but again thats just me:biggrin:

Now that is just a cool story,....from the turbo6 legend no less. Thanks! :D:D

Thanks for stopping by Buddy, please don't be a stranger.

Part of the "tingle" we get driving these cars is because of you. We have heritage beneath our butts in the form of a legendary car that still strikes fear and hesitation in the racing world.

Cheers!

DB

here was a good day.

You're an insparation to all of us Buick nuts. The inovations you brought have helped all of us in the long run.:biggrin: Thank you for joining the board and when I saw your initial post I literally spit coffee on my puter screen.:eek: I was so suprised and spent several minutes coughing. Now if you wouldn't mind looking at the second link in my sig I'd be grateful to hear your views on what I've been doing.:smile: Thanks again Buddy.:biggrin:

The Man

Firstoff I personally want to thank you Buddy for joning TB.com.

You sir are the man that started it all!

the kelvinator/refrigerator as they called it back in the day was the Fastest thing out there weight vs displacement.

I remember reading a artcile in a magazine talking about the possiblity of allowing 3.5L v6 and twin turbos. in that same article there was a very nice write up of 20 yrs ago about you and the V6.

I have a friend(Mark Riley) that passed a yr ago that spoke to you on several occasions and he has told me great things about your accomplishments in the turbo world and with buick. I just wish he was here to see you here in our little piece of heaven.

Again Thank you for what you have done.

May you and your family have a very merry christmas

1Slo-GN
Pat Broughton

I was at a speed shop today talking about some stuff (out of the box thinking) and when I brought up using some parts for a Buick, The guy actually said, "Well if you could find him (Buddy) you may ask him if he could get the stuff you are looking for".

I laughed and said yeah, I know where I can find him.. lol

here was a good day.

Hello Buddy, that picture looks very familar, and looking at the year of jacket patches, I believe you were running a unbelievably fast "Pinto" with a turbo'd 2.3 Ford engine then, if I remember correctly you won several NHRA national events in Comp. Eliminator in that little rascal, people were dropped jawed with what you did with it as I recall :biggrin:
The smile on your face was probably from you thinking: "And if you people enjoyed this ass kicking, gimme a few years and I'll show you what Bob Glidden looks like after sucking on some lemons, he-he" :biggrin::cool:

Thanks for all you've done to inspire many of us here and those no longer with us, your accomplishments are very much hard earned and well deserved.

Kevin.

BUDDYMOST-2-1.jpg

your postings above are at least 50% incorrect. i am semi retired,last job was crew chief for barry grant. i still build engines and restore old mercs and diamond t pick-ups, also collect and restore gas pumps. as far as mom and pop deal(wont comment on above junk pile):mad: i still put in 40 hour days and ma is settin at home ,happy......from the cluttered desk of buddy ingersoll.

Just wanted to drop in and say THANKS for setting the fire the continues to burn with us today.

Regards, Joe

funny sig

Just wanted to drop in and say THANKS for setting the fire the continues to burn with us today.

Regards, Joe

that's what my wife calls my buick but i tell her it's my money pit. glad to see a true legend log in and say a few words, wish i lived closer to you i would drive up and just chat. from your words you seem very approachable not like some racers i've ran into at some local tracks. most just try to get you outta their way. but then again they are on a timeline to get back infront of the tree and run hard.

racing to win is serious and costly in money and time but that said the people in the stands are racing too and deserve the respect since they have came out to cheer you on. NO one is better than anyone else and as long as your not in the focus or way of racing a hand shake and thank you is the least you can do to a smiling fan. love signing those large breasts:biggrin: merry christmas and remember those who dont have........

Thanks for the great stories, Buddy. I am greatful for you spending ANY time on here at all. It would be great to get you to hang out and help us "not-so-capable tuners on here. It takes someone with incredible talent to actually fab, build, AND tune a race car. You're right.....we all have the right parts, but it is the small things that add up to a winning combination. Don't be so humble as to think that we are even capable of figuring it all out. I can study things and spend WAY more time than I should, and STILL not get from point A to point B. I use to crew on a professional race team, and completely understand the staggering amount of time required to win. Spent many nights with a flashlight in my teeth, slapping mosquitos, while adjusting valves at 2:00am. (Rolls-Royce Griffon V-12's) But still consider myself barely capable of making, much less, understanding, serious power. A turbo covers LOTS of mistakes. (thank God) Passing technology/knowledge to others is a great way to help others. I understand the feeling that if someone isn't willing to work for something, they don't deserve it. But hey.....it's the new thing......getting something for nothing.;) (read welfare, national healthcare, free schooling, food stamps, free housing, ect.:mad:)

Merry Christmas, and happy New Year! and, Thanks for posting!

Ken

it's the new thing......getting something for nothing. (read welfare, national healthcare, free schooling, food stamps, free housing, ect.) ...............................................................................these things i payed for with our tax dollars to help those who cannot help themselves...........but as you say this is the way it is now.....sorry, i fully paid my way and believe reach around to your beltloop and pick your ass up......a free ride never gets you where you want to go, you just show up with that dumb look on your face...........