Where did Buddy Ingersoll go?

54965d1219684091-buddy-ingersoll-article-video-ingersol2.jpg

the same car today would probably go much faster with modern upgrades in technology. what happened to the cars?

Let's see...........

Buddy Ingersoll

Smokey Yunick

Harry Ricardo

My short list. Wealth of knowlege.

I have been building race engines for over 30 years, some of it professionally. (2,240 cid Aircraft V-12's) and still go back and read Smokey's stuff (among many others) and remember things I have forgotten.

Hey Buddy, write a book. You'll sell a ton of them. Great way to suppliment a retirement fund.

Gotta throw a local boy in there....Corky Bell.

Buddy is the Man! I hope you post alot more for us to learn from. Just ignore the members who don't think they could learn from you. Most couldnt go in the eighth what you went in the Quarter if it wasn't for this board. We need you around!

Cool pics SS/GN, Was that like 85, 86? I remember Gale Banks. My dad met him to build a twin turbo 454 chevy for a boat. Ended up building 2 turbo boats. I remember playing with some die-cast toys in Bank's office while my dad and him discussed the details for the build.

Thanks for the pics.:D

I actually have Buddy's phone number and talked to him several times. I spoke to buddy & his right hand man about doing a killer t-shirt with his car on it for one of our events when all of a sudden he developed eye problems which eventually stopped him from attending the 2010 TB.com Nationals as a spokesperson and the design of the t-shirt that we had designed together, I know he had some health issues at that time and had some very close friends doing much of his leg work for him, I wonder if doing these shirts that he approved would be a tribute to him? I personally would love to see Buddy remembered in the Buick community ..... I spoke to Buddy for a while in depth about the Buick V6 engines and what needs to be in place to make them run and that man had it spot on!..... I am terribly saddened by this news and it couldn't be at a worse time with my wife going though what she is right now....

If Buddies close friends happen to read this, If there is ANYTHING I can do please call the number in my signature!

Buddy may you Rest In Peace my friend!

SW.

Offer them up to the winners of the races Scott. That would be a great tribute since he was the first to really show what the engines can do.:)

Offer them up to the winners of the races Scott. That would be a great tribute since he was the first to really show what the engines can do.:)
I would do whatever his best friend would suggest, I would feel bad calling that number now for any other reason than saying my condolences, I think if his friends are interested they will contact me...... One of the main reasons Buddy & his friends liked me is because I wasn't filling them with BS and would be proud to honor any or all of his wishes..... That was said several times though out our conversations..... You See, Many people took advantage of him and his fame and that ended up making them very Leary of people coming into his life. His best friends where there to prevent that from happening ever again and I was one who could call at any time to shoot the Chit! Buddy was a cool guy and talked very highly of the Buick v6 but his love for cars turned towards the older cars like the 50 Merc's and such....... That is where his heart was at when I spoke to him last.......