Where did Buddy Ingersoll go?

Mr Ingersoll, thanks for joining this great forum. its my pleasure to have you hear. So many of us have looked up to you for many years. Thanks again

Be careful what you wish for:wink: We may try and stick him in one in March. You never know...

I am willing to donate my car for him to make a pass in. :D

how cool would that be... to be able to say, yea Buddy Ingersoll has raced my car. :biggrin:

hey if Don Garlits is going to be there maybe we can get a nostalgic race together.;)

ain't had a nap:wink: in 60 years, was hid'in from bobby don haha.no doubt this event will be super nice people with super nice rides. now you know ill have to "tune" the car i drive( of course in a SECURE LOCATION). its been over 20 years and no one has deciphered the fix on just what i do to BOOST these motors, but a few of you are getting closer:rolleyes: well your in the parking lot ,thats almost the ballpark.

ain't had a nap:wink: in 60 years, was hid'in from bobby don haha.no doubt this event will be super nice people with super nice rides. now you know ill have to "tune" the car i drive( of course in a SECURE LOCATION). its been over 20 years and no one has deciphered the fix on just what i do to BOOST these motors, but a few of you are getting closer:rolleyes: well your in the parking lot ,thats almost the ballpark.

Your right, only recently did someone finally run the numbers that you laid down those many years ago... May want to let us in on how to "decipher the fix" on the boosted motors.;) Remember even you said you may not make it to 1000 posts.. You can't take it with you ya know...

Wow, its HUGE that your on here Buddy !! Welcome !!

buddynew2002ready.jpg

here we go....

who said i cant take it with me:p hell ya never know i might give out a few words of wisdom,on the other hand the grimm reaper could be gain'in on me as we speak!ha....what is it your EXactly ask'in?

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the TSO and TSM cars and the setups..

Thanks for what you did! Can you imagine if your car wasn't outlawed in PS?

Man, this is awesome! Great to see you here Buddy.
Did the Pinto ever make it into the nines? I bet you'd have fun with the import scene too.
Liquid nitrogen intercooler...cool , literally!:D
Someone needs to sit down with you and record some ramblings. I bet you have some great stories.
Thank you for all you have done for our little community.

1. Were you performing R&D work for Buick in the developement of the stage blocks??
2. Did you get ANY corporate backing from Buick??
3. How did you control spool off the line, im fairly certain that there were no 2 steps back then. How did you build boost off the line??
4. Ricky Smith seemed to be the biggest whiner about the car back in the day. If that is true why didn't you whoop his azz??
:D:D

I remember watching this when i was in highschool.I was laughing with all my buddies.Yeah a v6 what a waist. We all had camaros and mustangs.The more we watched the more we stopped laughing.I think 5 of my buddies and I went to the Buick dealer the next week to look at the grand nationals when we seen the prices we went to the Super shops and picked up nitrous kits:eek: and the the damage started. Well its great to have you here a real legend and an inspiration to many.Need pics of the merc also. welcome

I think we all have to give Mr. Ingersoll more credit then just the Buicks.....without him SHOWING the rest of the car crowd what the TRUE POTENTIAL of turbo's were, we wouldn't have all those great "WORLD'S FASTEST" Ford's, Chevy's, and others out there running today!

Take a look at almost any class of racing where power enhancers are used, and the TOP CARS are all TURBO'S!

Thanks Buddy, it would never have been as much fun without your input!

Welcome to the site. I remember watching you at the Citrus Nationals in West Palm Beach, Fl. trying to run 200 mph in a Buick in competiton eliminator. I believe it was either 1988 or '89. I myself was running my '56 Chevrolet in S/ST. I also remember when you assisted Jeff Velde with his Pro Stock Firebird. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the sport.

Were not worthy:eek::eek:
You are the most important Buick icon to most of us and hooked alot of people including myself on these cars.
I tryed to find your old car hear in the Seattle area. I heard a place in Tacoma Washington bought the chassis and it ended up setting for years in a guys backyard on Vashon Island. Then i found out a guy bought it and shippen to the east coast and it setting at some dealer ship???? Man i would have gave anything for that major piece of Buick history..

1. Were you performing R&D work for Buick in the developement of the stage blocks??
2. Did you get ANY corporate backing from Buick??
3. How did you control spool off the line, im fairly certain that there were no 2 steps back then. How did you build boost off the line??
4. Ricky Smith seemed to be the biggest whiner about the car back in the day. If that is true why didn't you whoop his azz??
---------------------------------------------------------------- 1.some,bernard santavy(head engineer of buick race and development) was there with me at races. 2. yes 3.SECRET (never told anyone yet)GOOD TRY:rolleyes: 4. wouldnt done any good he was speak'in for ford.

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the TSO and TSM cars and the setups..... reply....thats one long conversation and my pecker ie(finger i type with):tongue:cant last that long....ask me at event, more than glad to speak on this subject.or stop by garage and shoot the ......well ya know....