Where are the Turbo Thunder Results?

cjp69

Somebody post them for those of us who didn't go?

Dan, did Sam run, how did he do?

Dan, sounds like you ran pretty well!

Anybody else? Come on!

I'll let Sam post the details, but his GN is definitely stronger than mine. He's running about the same performance 12.6 @110mph with 4 less lbs of boost than me:eek:

His engine must have ported heads or bored block or something. It's very strong and impressive!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
I'll let Sam post the details, but his GN is definitely stronger than mine. He's running about the same performance 12.6 @110mph with 4 less lbs of boost than me:eek:

His engine must have ported heads or bored block or something. It's very strong and impressive!

Sam emailed me this, for some reason it would not let him post:

I was very happy with my performance. I ran a 12.56@110.52 on 20-21 lbs of boost with 0.0 knock throught the traps. (Radial TA's @ 25 lbs)

However, my first run on Saturday would have been much more impressive, as my 1/8th mile trap was about 1 mph better than my 12.56 run, (89.98 mph vs. 88.xx) on a much slower 60' (2.14 vs 2.02). It would have been about 12.60 @ 111.7 had the timing lights recorded it. . AAARG. And that was my run with the .005 reaction time and my first ever sub 13 run. I guess something flew in front of the timing lights before I got there. Gotta hate that!

I think on a cool day with 25 psi in the tires I could pull off a 12.30-12.40 pass at 21 lbs boost, as I'm still getting the hang of launching a turbo car. . . We'll see at the BOP drags.

Gunning for an 11.99 on radials @ 25 lbs boost. . . . .

---Sam

P.S. I broke a front swaybar bracket cause I was launching so hard! Also, we had a hard time getting the mixture lean enough to make optimum power. I think I still left a lot in it at 20-21 psi!