Whats the deal with these ebay turbos? Whats the catch?

made in china, crap materials, some of the compressor hosings are actually glued on, they are not balanced, they will fail

Hey dont get the wrong impression. I wasnt actually going to buy one of these things. But if my bottom end was already in bad shape and in dire need of a rebuild, and the turbo blew up and I was broke, then I may buy one to get me by.

made in china, crap materials, some of the compressor hosings are actually glued on, they are not balanced, they will fail

They arent all the same. There are some that are balanced and arent glued together. MasterPower turbos are supposed to last, holset and XS Power.

Hey dont get the wrong impression. I wasnt actually going to buy one of these things. But if my bottom end was already in bad shape and in dire need of a rebuild, and the turbo blew up and I was broke, then I may buy one to get me by.

They arent all the same. There are some that are balanced and arent glued together. MasterPower turbos are supposed to last, holset and XS Power.

I had a frind who got a couple seasons out of a Master Power turbo.He ran 7.14 in the 1/8 with it.The only reason his turbo failed was because his jerry rigged maf tube came apart and something went through the turbo. :eek: :mad:

wouldnt buy a turbo from china !!! go with the proven turbos !!! i run a precision and love it !!! but now i do have a ebay front mount !!! witch has been working great !!! no press drop and cools great !!! but intercoolers dont have any internal moving parts !!! beware to good to be true !!!

dollar store

i agree with you get what you paid for, buy a economy pack of condoms from a dollar store and see what it'll costs you in 20 yrs. bet it'll be a hell of alot more then 8k on a rebuild. regardless you guys hit the nail on the head, buy something name brand that you know will be backed up by reputation. Can't beat a good rep.

there very close to garrets.

as a matter of fact the guts interchange if you mix and match long enough.

carbon seals are a bear to get into these though, not much in the way of parts for that.

Gpop Shop checked the balancing on it, was good.

cost me 265$ and another 100 for rebalancing and carbon seal parts.

I will find out for you how it works out.

A.j.

ive run a couple of ebay turbos he first one leaked oil from the git go the 2nd one worked well.it was on a bike i had before i got hurt. i know the masterpower turbos are used with good success.i guess they are good cheap turbos.