whats next?

asloan5

Corn Fed alcoholic
with the info listed in my sig I'm looking for the next step forward. I stood back and looked at my combo and thinking that my FMIC and turbo may be on the edge of being maxed out. I was kicking around the idea of one of those big fat rjc fmic and even thinking about going 4bolt on the turbo. fwiw a frame notching and more tire under the rear is around the corner. I have also kicked tossed around the idea for egt in each cylinder so the fast does individual cylinder correction. ... Just looking for opinions of the "guru's". I usually do my homework before removing a lump from under the mattress :) don't worry you won't hurt my feelings

Im no guru but I think the CPT66 has been pushed to the limit. A 1.4 60' on the 9.963 run would have netted you a low 9. Looks like you have it running very well.

Bryan

your setup is pretty well tuned it appears. im sure you could benifit from a turbo upgrade. All the items you listed are good ideas. why not all of them ;)

Your compressor is getting close. it should go 139-140mph though before its totally done. Ive gone over 137mph with it. The intercooler should have you covered up to 145 if you can keep the rpm in the low 6000's throughout the pass. There is probably some e.t. in a lower duration faster ramp cam vs the one you are using too especially if you keep the current compressor.

quote "A 1.4 60' on the 9.963 run would have netted you a low 9" I did not realize that the difference in 60' time would improve the e.t. that much

bison I think the simplest most cost effective simplest change would be to pick up an old tsm turbo like a 71gtq or something similar.

bison I think the simplest most cost effective simplest change would be to pick up an old tsm turbo like a 71gtq or something similar.
I agree. I would go with a 67 compressor myself.

A 67mm turbo compressor wheel. So I'm guessing he maybe suggesting a Precision Turbo Billet 6768

I would rather ask and look dumb than assume :) i was thinking 6776 6768 6765 which wheel and which a/r...I have not really done the research on these yet but did read a bit about "cea" wheel

If you go with a precision I'd use a 6766 for street use and if your looking for the most mph I'd go with a 6768

car is rarely driven on street. How much difference between the 6768 and 71 gtq or hpq for driveability and spool up?

car is rarely driven on street. How much difference between the 6768 and 71 gtq or hpq for driveability and spool up?
The spool on those is similar to what you have currently.

you are referring to those in a bb configuration right? I can't imagine a journal bearing spooling like what I have now. .so all said and done I can obtain the hpq or gtq bb for much less than the 6768 bb version

The 6768 and the 7168 jb are the same price $1400-$1500. The bb option increases the price the same amount on both units...around $2,250

Yes i was referring to the ball bearing units. The ball bearing will help it a little on the street if the converter is marginal but on a trans brake racing it wont really matter.