What's a good chip for a stocker

RICER X

I have a 100k mile car that just comes out to play on the weekends. And I'm just trying to find a chip that, (as nick said today) do some spirited driving, without scattering my toys motor. Oh and it's stock everything except a Kirban K&N cold air intake. I'm just looking for a little more smoke, with limited funds. One kid in college and another getting ready to start this fall.

Either a TT chip or a Commander from Bob. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a set of 60's instead of continuing to run the 1/4 century old stockers.

You are going to want to upgrade and this will keep you from buying a chip twice.

Either a TT chip or a Commander from Bob. I would HIGHLY recommend getting a set of 60's instead of continuing to run the 1/4 century old stockers.

You are going to want to upgrade and this will keep you from buying a chip twice.
Thanks Earl, I will check into this and I may have a few more questions for you.
Hey Earl as promised I've been looking into the chips and have found serval set ups where they were saying for street it's also a good set up to run their 60lb injectors. They were kits. Oh and could you send me Bobs web site. No hurry the snow is starting to melt here so all I want to do is go play. I will tear into it when the weather turns bad again. Oh and also do you know where to get a good timing chain assembly. There are just so many options out there.

Last edited:
I would go with the 5.7 chip from turbo tweek ,he eliminates emissions and it idles way better than the stock one.

Need an FPR to use the chip also i believe. And while your at it an adjustable wastegate, and like someone mentioned fuel injectors, and then fuel pump, and then.....

Have you replaced the plastic cam gear and the timing chain yet?
No I haven't had to touch anything yet, and I have all of the receipts ( I believe ) and after digging threw haven't found anything timing chain related. I here no noise of any kind but at how many miles should this all be changed.

Change that timing chain for piece of mind and put a new set of valve springs in. You'll probably notice a difference. TT chip with 42 pound injectors if you want to keep the stock turbo. That combo should give you a smile driving it for years to come without risking hurting it!

Thanks
Change that timing chain for piece of mind and put a new set of valve springs in. You'll probably notice a difference. TT chip with 42 pound injectors if you want to keep the stock turbo. That combo should give you a smile driving it for years to come without risking hurting it!
Thanks, and I guess it's time to get some new electrical toys. Man you can dial in a TT chip for just about anything you want. I didn't realize you could do so much with a chip.

I have a brand new Extender chip that is tuned for a basically stock car with 60# injectors, tuned to 91oct, and for use with the late model maf and translator. I'm selling it due to the fact that I'm going a different direction and e85. If you're interested in it, I would sell it off for $75 shipped.