New owner starting to dig in

Pontiacattack

Hey everyone. So I'm a new owner of my 87 WE4. Had it around a month and a half now. I've been wanting a Grand National or WE4 for a long time now so it's great to be here now.
I've got a few issues to sort out on the car and could really use some help. I have never been that good at figuring out what's wrong with a car but car fix it when I know what to fix. And that's where you all come in.
First, here's what I know about it or have done personally:
TurboTweak chip, upgraded MAF with 4" cold air intake, running 16psi of boost, upgraded transmission with a 2500 stall, new TPS, HD PCV valve and new grommet from Kirban. And I'm pretty sure that's everything.
Now as far as the issues go with the car, there's a few that I'm trying to sort out.
1. I think it's running really rich. I can smell fuel strongly and it coughs out black carbon on every cold start.
2. Just today the exhaust smoke was blue while warming up. But as soon as it warmed up, that went away.
3. There is an oil leak that I'm having trouble finding. I thought it was the PCV valve and grommet, which is why I got the new one but it looks like it still is leaking.

I've attached a few logs from my SMG. Can you guys/gals help me sort out what's going on with my car so I can get back to enjoying it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-08-22_20.06.59.csv.zip
    783 bytes · Views: 91
  • 2018-08-31_18.09.33.csv.zip
    781 bytes · Views: 64
  • 2018-09-02_12.57.19.csv.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 69
Check translator settings. Iirc it Should be on on on off and 3 and 0 on the dials for that setup . Whats scan master reading for maf at idle?

Actually the base setting on the dial for a 3.5 in ls1 is 0 not 3. 3 is base setting for a 3 in ls1. Sorry for the mis information.

My SMG reads 4. I don't know which MAF is in it, just that it is a 3".

I did buy a 3.5" LS1 but it hasn't arrived yet.

A 3 inch Maf should be set on 3 on the translator dial base setting . confirm that setting if in 0 it will be rich

Some sources to check for oil leaks: back of the valve cover gaskets, turbo oil feed/drain line, oil pan gasket, rear of the intake manifold. Where are you seeing the oil? Front or back of the engine? You may need to clean it off with a degreaser and put in the dye you can get from the auto parts store, take it for a drive, and then check around with a black light.