what type of voltage do you see at wot with your standalone?

dizzlesturbo6

i am looking at my datalogs and most of the time my voltage is around 13.0-13.2 at wot or during a pass. at idle i see 14.25-39. brand new battery(interstate marine cell) and a 120amp alternator that it also brand new. i have done a resistance test on all my cables and they all test fine.

what kind of voltage should i be seeing during a pass?

i see 13.4-13.7 just depends on if the cooling fan is running while making a pass.

This is actual Bat volts as my Classic fast is wired directly to the battery.

Ours sucked..... voltage dropped near 12.0 v during a run.....

forced us to go back to a volt booster..... which I am not a huge fan of.....

We are probably going to try a big @ss wire (like 2 ga) from the back of the alternator to the starter terminal... which goes back to the battery.... and see if that helps...

i see 13.4-13.7 just depends on if the cooling fan is running while making a pass.

This is actual Bat volts as my Classic fast is wired directly to the battery.

If the FAST is controlling the fan, it will turn it off a WOT

i am looking at my datalogs and most of the time my voltage is around 13.0-13.2 at wot or during a pass. at idle i see 14.25-39. brand new battery(interstate marine cell) and a 120amp alternator that it also brand new. i have done a resistance test on all my cables and they all test fine.

what kind of voltage should i be seeing during a pass?

I had problems, noticed the same thing. My opinion is the alternator is getting hot from the amp load and losing some of it's charge capability.

Later on I ran a 200a 86/87 syle with Reds volt booster and then my voltage was 15.1 -15.2 flatlined throughout the run.

Watch them underdrive pulleys also... They don't help.