What type of Buick Regal T-Top did i find in germany??

Olli.D

Hello from germany!
I got my first US car. But i do not know a lot about this nice car...
Could you please help me?

I met an old Lady, she bought the Regal in Switzerland, where she lived till the 90s.

At last the car was not driven the last 10 or 12 years waiting in a dry vehicle hall.
First registration 1987 with 75000mls and first paint i waked it up again, just changed the fluids, battery and the petrol pump.
The tires are still bad, but it runs very good :)
This car is with crome Bumpers, all, what i find is black...
With V6 turbocharged.

Please, have a look to this car.

Attachments

• 2014-06-02 11.35.34.jpg
    2014-06-02 11.35.34.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 269
Score! It could be a WE4 package. The sticker on the underside of the deck lid will tell you.

Go to Vortex Buicks for decoding info.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay?

Welcome! You have come to the right place, do you have any more pictures?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ooops... hated kid...
Ok, i payed... ahhh... mhhh... nearly nothing...
But i made a promise: i take care to the car, let it run again make it preatty and pick up the old lady and give her a ride on a sunny day.
Her husband died a few years ago and she was not able to drive the car.

I did not see an intercooler. The WE4 pack is with alloy brakes in the back?
Tomorrow i will see the car again and in 2 -3 Weeks i take it to my garage to work on it.

I just have some more pics.
But if you ask for special pics, i would do them tomorrow.
Now, we have 1am, have to get some sleep.

Happy to find this forums!!!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    400.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 247
if it's an 87 you can be sure there's an intercooler in there.

That is quite the find. Congrats. You've come to the right place to learn about these hot rods. Please post some pictures of under the hood. Let us know if you have any questions.

Wellkommen to the site and Happy Spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

Nice find! Cleaned up well. The hood shocks are available so that is an easy fix. Do the "spring cleaning" next. http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Yes, the sun is looking already here in Europe :)
I will clean it very well! I need some parts for the first time, like the hood shocks.
I need the rubber seals for the T-Top, the doors and for the trunk.
I imagine there are quality differences... What would be the best for these rubbers?

Don't forget to remove, hit with big hammer, put in recycle bin and light bin fire the Big double relay on the drive side firewall area. That big relay turns on the fan after the car is turned of and it will kill the battery.
click on the link below for more info

Also the above post by "Pronto" he wants you to click on the link that he posted and follow the "Spring Cleaning" procedures.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/cooling-fan-wont-shut-off.373755/
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/cooling-fan-wont-shut-off.373755/
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/fans.423175/
it looks like this

Attachments

• fan delay relay.jpg
    fan delay relay.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Very nice find.

You should stop pumping the gas pedal when starting the car. It is fuel injected.

Do the spring cleaning like mentioned above.

AND never pump the gas pedal immediately after starting the car. Oil still need to circulate and lubricate the internals.

Good luck.

I need the rubber seals for the T-Top, the doors and for the trunk.
I imagine there are quality differences... What would be the best for these rubbers?
The best are oem (Original Equipment Manufacturer) which means stock replacement. Unfortunately they are quite expensive too. Everyone has had luck with the aftermarket ones, some being good luck and others had bad luck. There's a few things you need to do to insure it will run well. You should put a scanmaster on it and insure everything is in spec for one. If it has the original powermaster brakes you may want to think about switching that out as they can give out without warning. What ever you do please don't mash the go pedal until everything is in order! Finding a replacement engine in Germany can not be easy.

Run at 93 octane unleaded fuel if you can get it. The stock chip is too aggressive for today's fuels. Put a Scanmaster (gauge that shows many engine parameters, especially knock retard (very bad for the engine) on your list of parts to get!