What the is this? - Does it belong to my GN?

black87buick

I found this laying on top of the passenger upper door hinge. What does it belong to IF it belongs to my GN?

IMG_20150301_150056_699.jpg
IMG_20150301_150056_699.jpg IMG_20150301_150056_699.jpg

Ok the link says antenna cable nut. Car as near as can tell never had a power antenna according to the RPO codes, but I am still learning.
That antenna nut is from a stock GN non-power antenna.
The antenna in your fender appears to be an aftermarket replacement.

That antenna nut is from a stock GN non-power antenna.
The antenna in your fender appears to be an aftermarket replacement.

Thank you. Mystery solved and something was learned today - car had antenna replaced. Hmm.'prolly because the previous owner put some $s into the stereo system. :cool: Coincidentally, I am looking for the stock stereo to restore original interior - guess the antenna needs to be added to the list for exterior.

You think that's weird? I found a whole slew of hardware hiding under my coilpack years ago. Let's not forget that hole on top of frame/engine cradle. Some areas of our cars are like the Twilight Zone. You find this stuff later and wonder what it does and where it goes.

If you're real anal (giggity) about going back stock, you might want to check the RPO sticker and see if your car came with a power antenna.

They're notoriously bad about breaking. The easiest fix is to just shotgun a fixed antenna and be done with it.

The stud probably stripped so they just replace the antenna with some aftermarket thing.