What should my MPG be?

MPG is regulated by your foot...mostly but low 20's on interstate and mid to high teens around town, now stay in boost and 10mpg or less. I have never seen 25-30 mpg people claim.

So about 270 miles per tank? That's with how much spirited driving.

Wait. High teens? With a TURBO 3.8 liter? No. My brand new 3.6 liter naturally aspirated gets that. No WAY a 30 year old turbo engine that's bigger is going to get that same mileage lol. Come on now.

I used to commute with a TE-44 and 43lb injectors and get 23-25mpg at 55mph and high teens in city driving. That was totally babying it obviously.

I see. Well I must not totally baby it lol. I can't see an 8 mpg difference though. I'm guessing it also has to do with my super rich condition. I'm slowly fixing things though :)

I also don't think my gas gauge needle is acting right either.

My car is tuned lean down low. My idle afr target is 13.5. Cruising 14.7 and lean cruise 15.2.

I do at least a dozen hole shots per tank of fuel and still get a average of around 17 mpg.

Rick

20-22 is the best I could ever get on the highway, but I'm always loaded for racing (jack,spares,tools, meth can, cooler, chair).

20-22 is the best I could ever get on the highway, but I'm always loaded for racing (jack,spares,tools, meth can, cooler, chair).
X2 ......... I never bother to check anyting but freeway, in town is to much fun!!!

I can't see signatures but with gas mileage the recipe is pretty simple. If you have low compression like the factory 8.1:1 and a big ass cam (bonus points for lots of overlap) your gas mileage will be crap.

If you're got a cam that closes the intake valve before the piston gets halfway up the bore (bonus points if you're raised the static compression), you gas mileage will be much better.

Warm over some nice burning rubber then use the gas pedal to adjust down from there.

I bought my car stock except for the cat removal, hypertech chip, and hooker exhaust being swapped and the original owner kept a good log of the fuel mileage over like 30k miles. I calculated their average fuel mileage to be 16.5 mpg and mine so far (23k) with lots of spirited driving and the mods in the sig have been 17.2 avg. I typically get 20-22 on the interstate.

Figure out for yourself: Fill your tank up. Test A: Drive it like a baby, be gentle, no foot down episodes until you think the tank is pretty low. Then fill tank up, write down gallons used, write down miles since last fill up (trip odometer number). Then divide miles driven by gallons used. That's your MPG by sane driving.(y)

Then use that last fill up for Test B: Drive it like a maniac! Floor it! Do burn outs! Take off like a bat out of hell all the time! Misbehave! Then do the same method as above. This will be your "psycho " MPG!:arghh::wtf:

Then you'll know the answers. Easy to figure it out. You're in control.

Bruce '87 Grand National

At $15.50/gal I cant even look at the mpg anymore(n)

Figure out for yourself: Fill your tank up. Test A: Drive it like a baby, be gentle, no foot down episodes until you think the tank is pretty low. Then fill tank up, write down gallons used, write down miles since last fill up (trip odometer number). Then divide miles driven by gallons used. That's your MPG by sane driving.(y)

Then use that last fill up for Test B: Drive it like a maniac! Floor it! Do burn outs! Take off like a bat out of hell all the time! Misbehave! Then do the same method as above. This will be your "psycho " MPG!:arghh::wtf:

Then you'll know the answers. Easy to figure it out. You're in control.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Have already done the drive like a mad man (only because I'm still in the tuning phase) and got 7.8 or so mpg lol. Going to re-tune and re-test.

Holy Cats! And I thought 12-13 mpg on my '69 Vette was atrocious! Thanks for making my day. Now I can't whine about it anymore to my wife......you have it worse.

Bruce '87 Grand National