What mounts here..

Rahob

I am pretty sure it was not an option on the turbo Regals. What went here? Just curious as to it's original intended function.
1159710558.png

Something for regular regal or g-body? Or else they were thinking ahead for a good place to mount the translator.

@KC87 EXACTLY where I was going with this. I just wanted to make sure the OE piece that mounts there was not a better piece then the one I'm fabricating.

Damn. I tried searching a few other gbody engine pics to see, but nothing yet. I wonder what Buick thought about mounting there.. Maybe the original "power intention"? Lol

The factory twin turbo version... Can't believe I forgot about that. Durrr on me

And I meant power injection in my previous post.

Solved. Looks like in the Cutlass it was where the vacuum ball mounted.
87-Olds-Cutlass-Supreme-DV-14-GM_e01-800.jpg

I'm pretty sure that area was earmarked for the "Water Injection" system pump and reservoir that was nixed before production. There's a space in the telltale lenses that's not used, but early G body lenses spelled out Water Injection as I recall.

The water injection would have been a bad choice as it'd freeze solid if you didn't add alcohol, leading to major recalls and warranty repairs.

Damn, it's 10 o'clock at night and I had to go outside to look, and it looks like nothing...at least for the 1987 model, but I took a picture anyway. Sorry all my vacuum lines are blue. Maybe it's something for the V8 Regals
20190929_214004.jpg

I am pretty sure it was not an option on the turbo Regals. What went here? Just curious as to it's original intended function. View attachment 347876

you need to unplug that 3rd relay on the inner fender with two plugs going to it.

The remove the relay and carefully smash the crap out of it with your biggest heaviest hammer. Bonus points if you get the 1000's of rust flakes to fly more than 5 feet.

you need to unplug that 3rd relay on the inner fender with two plugs going to it.

The remove the relay and carefully smash the crap out of it with your biggest heaviest hammer. Bonus points if you get the 1000's of rust flakes to fly more than 5 feet.

Lol just to make sure we're talking about the same relay, the coolant fan delay? The biggest one, closest to the firewall?

Yuppers.

A good working one will be worth $8,427.00 in about 15 years so don't smash it with a hammer, just put it in the bottom of your sock drawer, plastic bag recommended due to the aforementioned rust particles. o_O

I am pretty sure it was not an option on the turbo Regals. What went here? Just curious as to it's original intended function. View attachment 347876

That empty space is for inquiring minds ???? . O yell on that fan relay, a small hammer will as well. But believe it not my relay has work accurately for 32 years. If it not broke don't fix it.

Attachments

• 20160523_093731.jpg
    20160523_093731.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26