EVADANG

Attachments

• IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 247
Need to measure the wheels to be sure. It's probably a 60-1, I see 7 fins on compressor wheel.

Bump

I can tell you, it's definitely old. Possibly circa mid 90's?
Whether it was purchased from ANS or from us back in the day, it was definitely back when we were making the turbos utilizing all Garrett castings and components. It's very hard to tell with the comp wheel being so dark. If I had to guess, it could be either a TE-44 or a TE-60, but without measuring the inducers and exducers of the compressor wheel and turbine wheel, it's just a guess.
Are there any engraved numbers on the compressor cover discharge anywhere?

Definitely a 60-1 compressor. Likely a 31 trim ex. Aka TE60.

Thanks for the responses! Now my next question is how do I tell if it's still good without being on the car? Do you think it's worth anything being so old?

Thanks again for the help.
Jay

the thing to check is "shaft play", both side-to-side (there will be some wobble, but the wheels should not touch) and in-out (no play at all or very, very tiny amount)

Also, post some pics of the exhaust side so we can figure out which exhaust wheel is in there.

Also, you need to be sure there are no broken or chipped blades.

If its ok based on these checks its probably worth a couple hundred, but anyone who buys it is taking a chance.

Bob