what kind of sealer??

Burner

On a Felpro head gasket change what is the best kind sealer for the intake gaskets and sealer for the head bolts.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

I use Loctite 567 Thread Sealant for the head bolts. And what ever Fel-pro puts in the intake gasket kit for the intake gasket. You'll want to get ARP studs or bolts for the heads to be reassembled, the ones from the factory are stretched at this point.

Chuck

Thanks again Chuck, sounds like you have a serious ride plus orig. owner.I have 87 TR all stock.

Usually intake gasket kits come with a rubber strip for both the front and back. When putting the intake on be sure to put some sealer in the corner of the intake where the block, intake, and heads meet. After there is a dab in the corner install the rubber strip. This will insure a good seal in that area.

Thanks again Chuck, sounds like you have a serious ride plus orig. owner.I have 87 TR all stock.

Believe me when I tell you, nothing wrong with all stock.... once you start modifying the Buick, it can easily turn into a run away snow ball.... the factory had it right for dependability.

Chuck