What is your longest trip in the GN?

The day (and day after) I bought my GN! Got off the plane, handed the check to the seller and drove 22 hours home. A bit of a gamble, but a very cool experience: Performed as well as brand new car for the entire trip:cool:

I drove the RX6 from Chicago to Las Vegas, 27 hours total.... I made it to Denver the first day (16 hours) slept for a few, then 11 hours to Vegas. I can tell you I made damn good time flying through the mountains! This was the first time I got to really push the car the way it was meant to be driven, like a really fast large scale go-cart.:D

Many 8-9 hr trips when the car was near new and still mostly stock.Had to learn to be carefull in Illinios seams every state cop here had a bead on GN's.Never got a speeding ticket in it tho.Got one for excessive excelleration (smokie burnout) once.Much easier today with so may other ticket targets on the road.

It was a long, long, long time ago, but drove mine from Virginia Beach to San Diego..... Pulling a 24' boat on a tandem axle galvanized steel trailer. Those of you that own boats, let that one sink in. :eek:

I drove mine from Chicago to miami twice. One of those drives was with an open down pipe:eek: still got 27mpg. drove to Michigan a couple times. Mine was a daily driver for about five years which added up to 125,000 miles of driving.

800 miles from Sacramento to Phoenix when I bought my Limited from this sites previous owner.

It was a long, long, long time ago, but drove mine from Virginia Beach to San Diego..... Pulling a 24' boat on a tandem axle galvanized steel trailer. Those of you that own boats, let that one sink in. :eek:

I'll bet going down those mountains was fun!:eek: No thanks!

The day (and day after) I bought my GN! Got off the plane, handed the check to the seller and drove 22 hours home. A bit of a gamble, but a very cool experience: Performed as well as brand new car for the entire trip:cool:

I did the samething, flew to Ft. Myers, bought the GN, and drove it 18 hours non-stop to Chicago.

The first trip in it was the longest! 5 hours from DE where I bought it to southern VA! Ran great the whole time, lots of thumbs up!

The next day the ALT/battery went out..while driving..with my whole family in it....oops.

I have done CT to PA and CT to Ohio a few times. Both trips were about 8 hours and around 450 miles one way. I probably did those drives 100 times in my daily driver when I was still doing it for school, but the trips in the GN were a blast. I laughed at my dad the first time I took it on one of these trips in the summer, he told me to put sun tan lotion on since it is a t top car. I got roasted that trip on my arm and leg on one side, keep that in mind!

that takes some big ballz

Similar to PhillyTurboSix the very first GS Nats we attended in May of 1988 I drove our then new 87 GN to GS Nats....a good 800 plus miles each way. On at least 2 occasions we bought cars at the GS Nationals and drove them home.

Drove numerous ones we bought member one in particular took train from Philly to Florida and drove one back that only had a factory am radio in it. A boring drive to say the least. ANymore with age of these cars you gotta have a lot of faith to go on a long trip and pack a few extras that you know no local auto store will have in stock.

My killer road trip would be very tough to beat. Didn't do it in a Turbo Buick, but in a 1999 Corvette hardtop. I covered 20 states in 36 days 9,204 miles, talked my way out of one speeding ticket and the real kicker is only saw rain one day!

Year was 2003 drove from Philly area to first the GS Nationals drove south seeing several clients went thru Vegas where my son and his wife and my wife had flown for a few days then on to southern California stopped at Kenny Duttweilers shop, passed the famous intersection that James Dean met his demise....up to Washington state had dinner with several turbo owners and even conducted a mini seminar in Everette Washington and also in Spokane Washington. (Surprised my 2 sisters and my folks who lived at the time outside of Spokane.

Took only one suitcase....Vette ran without so much as a burb....At 70 mph car would get almost 30 mpg....only turning I think around 1800-2000 rpms....

Got to see a lot of the USA....even where Custer would have been better off had he stayed home. Parts of the famous route 66.....Roy Rogers museum in California (town name escapes me).....

In California you can hit a car show every day on the weekend.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I apologize if I strayed too far from the initial subject.

Actually over the years I did drive at least 3 Turbo cars back from Florida roughly 1,200 - 1,300 miles.....

The 9,206 miles in the Vette trip is not a misprint. The Vette I bought the October before only had less than 10,000 miles on it before the trip. (I sold the car soon after)

I bought the car from a member in Texas and after I moved back to Indiana drove it 1,110 miles here. Sadly the car had a vacuum leak and blown head gasket (exhaust leak on cylinder 4 only) but I ran out of time so I had to leave as it was.

During the trip a rocker shaft retainer broke eliminating cylinder 3 exhaust and the intake push rod bent so cylinder 3 was out for the count from Oklahoma City to Indiana.

Later after tearing into the car for the repairs I discovered the cam had wiped a two lobes so that happened on the trip home if not right before the trip.

It was ugly, lots of misfires, sputtering, praying every few miles when I discovered a new problem, accelerating to 70 in about a half mile on on ramps, not having any power or boost, and managing 8-10 mpg with all the horrible problems I had.

Similar to PhillyTurboSix the very first GS Nats we attended in May of 1988 I drove our then new 87 GN to GS Nats....a good 800 plus miles each way. On at least 2 occasions we bought cars at the GS Nationals and drove them home.

Drove numerous ones we bought member one in particular took train from Philly to Florida and drove one back that only had a factory am radio in it. A boring drive to say the least. ANymore with age of these cars you gotta have a lot of faith to go on a long trip and pack a few extras that you know no local auto store will have in stock.

My killer road trip would be very tough to beat. Didn't do it in a Turbo Buick, but in a 1999 Corvette hardtop. I covered 20 states in 36 days 9,204 miles, talked my way out of one speeding ticket and the real kicker is only saw rain one day!

Year was 2003 drove from Philly area to first the GS Nationals drove south seeing several clients went thru Vegas where my son and his wife and my wife had flown for a few days then on to southern California stopped at Kenny Duttweilers shop, passed the famous intersection that James Dean met his demise....up to Washington state had dinner with several turbo owners and even conducted a mini seminar in Everette Washington and also in Spokane Washington. (Surprised my 2 sisters and my folks who lived at the time outside of Spokane.

Took only one suitcase....Vette ran without so much as a burb....At 70 mph car would get almost 30 mpg....only turning I think around 1800-2000 rpms....

Got to see a lot of the USA....even where Custer would have been better off had he stayed home. Parts of the famous route 66.....Roy Rogers museum in California (town name escapes me).....

In California you can hit a car show every day on the weekend.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I apologize if I strayed too far from the initial subject.

Actually over the years I did drive at least 3 Turbo cars back from Florida roughly 1,200 - 1,300 miles.....

The 9,206 miles in the Vette trip is not a misprint. The Vette I bought the October before only had less than 10,000 miles on it before the trip. (I sold the car soon after)

WOW, Now thats a road trip... Both my brother and my boss have C5 Vettes and believe it or not I drive my bosses car more than he does. They are both 6 speed cars and its crazy how you can go 1,4,6 then cruise at about idle doing 70+ mph. The only downside to a long trip like that would be the road noise.

I'll bet going down those mountains was fun!:eek: No thanks!

I avoided the mountains by taking the most southerly route (Louisiana highways almost beat me and the equipment to death) down through Texas and across to San Diego. Did have some overheating issues in the mountains just east of San Diego though.

Purchased my car April 1995 from the orignal lady owner while home on leave after basic training. 3 days later a me and a buddy jumped in and drove from Mass to arizona 2500+ miles to my new duty staition. Not one issue the whole way. What an awsome trip. Also did Tucson AZ to Camp Pendlton a few times 6 hrs one way.

In the 10sec form it is now? ........

No, not in it's current setup, 10 second but I'm sure it could do it now. We ofetn go on 150+ mile "cruises" in it with the A/C on. We still get approx. 20 mpg when just cruising.

We drove it to Bowling Green in 11 second form with M&H's in the trunk with all our tools and luggage, cooler and stuff. These truly are awesome cars!

Boston to Ft Lauderdale many times in the 80/90's.. Drove in the water @ Daytona Beach:eek: . Then Boston to Englishtown, Atco and Cecil County I don't know how many times. :cool: