What is your longest trip in the GN?

randyp83

Finally got mine from Gbodyparts and drove it 5 hours from home to Charlotte (260 miles) today. I was worried, but it made it. It was all in the freaking rain too. I wasn't happy about that, but my new t-tops seals did their job the whole way. Got a few thumbs up along the way too.

Finally got mine from Gbodyparts and drove it 5 hours from home to Charlotte (260 miles) today. I was worried, but it made it. It was all in the freaking rain too. I wasn't happy about that, but my new t-tops seals did their job the whole way. Got a few thumbs up along the way too.

35+ mile gallyvant around pierce county and south king county.

Shreveport, Louisiana to Daytona Beach, Florida 14 hour drive for me! Dont know mileage.

Drove from Northern Illinois to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green - 1,000 mile round trip - 6 times!

North Palm Beach, Florida to Grand Isle Louisiana round trip. Also Grand Isle to Savannah Georgia round trip. Quite a few times North Palm Beach to Savannah round trip.

thank goodness! i thought this was going to be another "gettin high" thread:)

have done 5 PowerTours – 3 Longhauls – drive it as much as i can [weather permitting] = Too Many Miles to Count :biggrin:

Drove from Northern Illinois to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green - 1,000 mile round trip - 6 times!
In the 10sec form it is now?

I have to ask which T Top seals did you buy?

In my 87 I drove 4 hours on a surprise visit to a girlfriend in college. Chicago to Edwarsdville which is near East St Louis IL It was a 12.70 car on plain street tires then. Working A/C, cruise, "boomin system" and all. I should've kept that car. :rolleyes:

3 years ago I drove from SF Bay area to LA county twice in one weekend. The first trip I was loaded down with pretty much everything I owned. The second trip I brought back about 600lbs worth of tools. Total mileage +/- 1400 miles. Nothing like a smoke trail from a leaky rear main seal while going over the Grapevine.

have done 5 PowerTours – 3 Longhauls – drive it as much as i can [weather permitting] = Too Many Miles to Count :biggrin:

soooo jealous!!

Drove mine from MS to Bowling Green, from there trailered it to Lee Thompson's to get a new tranny, then from his house in Indiana to MS

An hour and a half to Ohio...boring, I know...but who's gonna fix it if I break it? LOL...plan on making more trips this year though...hopefully some that are of the 10 second variety. :tongue:

Memphis to San Antonio in the states, and from Bremerhaven (Germany) to Tuddern (Germany) - about five hours on the Autobahn.

Rob

soooo jealous!!

Drove mine from MS to Bowling Green, from there trailered it to Lee Thompson's to get a new tranny, then from his house in Indiana to MS

Hey i also drove to Indiana one year so you guys could PDR it..... THANKS AGAIN :D:D:D

From VA to Maine, VA to Miami, VA to Alabama a few times. Also a few 3 -4hr short trips.

I drove mine from Los Angeles to south of Mexico, 3400 miles round trip, I did it 3 times. And I drag race it in Mexico

Philadelphia to Bowling Green and back in my 87 with no cruise control! That was painful! :biggrin: 13 hours about 800 miles each way. Only stopped for fuel. :cool:

Drove 6 hrs to Jakeshoe's place to get a tranny built, then drove back the next day. Got a load of bad gas somewhere south of Dallas that's still causing problems (soon to be rectified now that I have plenty of time). :D

Good question.....let's see....I drove 5 1/2 hours one way from Fairfax, Va. to Appomattox, Va, every other weekend to pick up my little daughter for visitation on Friday. Then 5 1/2 hours one way back on Sunday. That's 22 hours driving every other weekend.....my ex-wife was doing her best to keep me from seeing my little girl by moving far away and didn't think I'd do the trips....WRONG!!!! She's my little daughter, so 22 hours was nothing. Besides, she LOVED the Grand National....every now and then on the trip she'd shout out "MAKE IT FAST, DADDY!!" And I did. Man, I sure miss hearing those words from her.....she's 33 years old now and wants nothing to do with me...thanks to her Mom's brainwashing.....but, that's OK, her mother will have to answer to the Man upstairs someday and I wish her luck.

The Grand National was just great for long trips.....fast with class and the cops never looked in my direction as the thing was so steathly looking on the road. Grand Nationals are hard to pick out among the traffic until you get right up on them or your tail was burnt off by one.

Damn, every now and then a story will just set off tears for me. I'm such a sentimental softie. I need some "MAN PILLS!!!!!!"" BE A MAN!!!!!! TAKE MAN PILLS!!!!!!!:D:p:tongue::biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

In the 10sec form it is now?

I have to ask which T Top seals did you buy?

In my 87 I drove 4 hours on a surprise visit to a girlfriend in college. Chicago to Edwarsdville which is near East St Louis IL It was a 12.70 car on plain street tires then. Working A/C, cruise, "boomin system" and all. I should've kept that car. :rolleyes:

I got the ones from Gbodyparts.com. I should have gotten a had top beacuse i'll never open the t tops