what is the best heads gascket

tybob

i try ,rjc ,cometik ,felpro 1000 ,felpro 1007 ! my probleme is leak betwing 2 cylinder ! most of the time 4 and 6 ! i have arp studs ,the heads is news and make sure is stright and the block is deck cheak to make sure is stright too ! it is me the problem :confused: i make about 5-10 k miles and i need to restart agan whit new heads gascket ! i run 26*boost whit alky and 22*timming ! 72 inj and pt70gtq b-b

i try ,rjc ,cometik ,felpro 1000 ,felpro 1007 ! my probleme is leak betwing 2 cylinder ! most of the time 4 and 6 ! i have arp studs ,the heads is news and make sure is stright and the block is deck cheak to make sure is stright too ! it is me the problem :confused: i make about 5-10 k miles and i need to restart agan whit new heads gascket ! i run 26*boost whit alky and 22*timming ! 72 inj and pt70gtq b-b

i think 5 to 10k on head gasket is awesome these gaskets only take so much abuse before they go. especially with 8 bolts

ARE YOU GOING BACK AND RETORQING THE HEADS.

tourqe in the proper sequence? Are you using bolt tq spec or stud specs?

i use arp studs 190 000 whit the right tork secance and exacly like what thay says on the spec of the heads gascket ! i have a wide band i run betwing 10.8 to 11.5 air fuel ! but no i never retorke the heads after use ! mayby is there my problem ! :confused: my block just came back from the machine shop and everything is tright exept for the heads is was twist 0.003" and the machine shop re stright them ! now is time to re instal a new set of gascket .... i am tired now i want do the right way !

You might have detonation. I have have had a lot of success with RJC and iron heads. I always re-torque.

i have rjc now after a set of2 sets of 1000's died.I had 0 knock both time and gaskets failed in different spots both times.So i went with rjc's andf have re torqued them like was suppose to and no probles so far 26psi on 93 zero knock....:D

I would be checking the deck thickness of the heads. The stock heads are already too thin for my liking. Add the surfacing that Champion did, then the surfacing that will have to be done after the straightening and any other surfacing the heads have been through prior to this incident.

i use arp studs 190 000 whit the right tork secance and exacly like what thay says on the spec of the heads gascket ! i have a wide band i run betwing 10.8 to 11.5 air fuel ! but no i never retorke the heads after use ! mayby is there my problem ! :confused: my block just came back from the machine shop and everything is tright exept for the heads is was twist 0.003" and the machine shop re stright them ! now is time to re instal a new set of gascket .... i am tired now i want do the right way !

Stock head bolts, ARP head bolts, and Studs all have different torque specs.

Fel-Pro 1000's have a BAD tendancy to warp the heads. The fire ring is stainless steel and will cause problems if they are over torqued. (too tight, that is) The 8445 heads have nothing to support the fire ring on the intake side of the head, except just a .200" thick deck. (maybe) There is only a water jacket under the fire ring on the intake side of the head. Add to that a steel fire ring and over-torque, and it will cause the heads to warp when torqued. Good luck with the RJC gaskets. Alot of people have had good luck with them.

Stock head bolts, ARP head bolts, and Studs all have different torque specs.

yeah i know there are different tork and secance :) i make sure to send the block to the machine shop and make it check , also the heads to make sure is ok !

i am sure i have detonation i try to run low timming and 11/1 air fuel whit alky and low boost and i have also detonation !

i change wires ,coil pack,plugs ,ground ,all sensor ,ecu ,chip, fuel pump ,injector , how i can check the crank sensor poulie to make sure is t the right place ! i am sure the cam sensor is at the right place but if the crank sensor don't tell the truth i can see the wrong timming :confused:

right mow i run 21*timming ,c16 fuel ,16psi and i start to make detonation !

very bad problem whit that gn ! i make a lot of gn and this one make me a lot of trouble :rolleyes:

yeah i know there are different tork and secance :) i make sure to send the block to the machine shop and make it check , also the heads to make sure is ok !

i am sure i have detonation i try to run low timming and 11/1 air fuel whit alky and low boost and i have also detonation !

i change wires ,coil pack,plugs ,ground ,all sensor ,ecu ,chip, fuel pump ,injector , how i can check the crank sensor poulie to make sure is t the right place ! i am sure the cam sensor is at the right place but if the crank sensor don't tell the truth i can see the wrong timming :confused:

right mow i run 21*timming ,c16 fuel ,16psi and i start to make detonation !

very bad problem whit that gn ! i make a lot of gn and this one make me a lot of trouble :rolleyes:

With C-16 & 16 PSI you should NOT be Detonating at all! Something else is wrong. Its not the head gaskets that are the problem but something is doing it to them.

yeah i know i have something wrong ! but what ! i cheack everything twice ! i just think is the heads gascket betwing 2 cylinder ! tomoro i make a leak don test to make sure ! i run 3 gn and this one make me crazy !

Verify interrupter ring position on the balancer.

cam sensor position is ok i re-check it ! how i can check the interrupteur ring on the balencer to make sure is at the right place ! thanks