What is the best anti theft device i can get for my car

The GPS and Lojack are good, but if you want to keep it from getting stolen, then pick two anti-theft devices. A chip with the anti-theft feature, a starter kill, something to disable one of the important sensors (crank/cam), fuel pump kill switch.......etc.If they figure out the first, then still can't start it it, hopefully they'll give up. But, nothing is definate.

ive heard of lowjack and imma check them out and that is very true,thanks

Only some cruisers have the ability to find them, so a cruiser could drive past and not even know.

it wont stop a truck with a hook
So true.

an up to date appraisal good record of expenses and agreed value insurance
if they want it you're not going to stop them with any anti theft devices
maybe the local punk who wants a joy ride but not the kind of thief that targets these cars

Best one in blue or sell it and no worry anymore.

Later AJ

That is very true also,but its a shame we gotta go through keeping an eye all day,then outta no where if we'd hav to go in for a bathroom break,the car is gone ironically..:eek::mad:

dont use it as a daily driver and when you take it out for a cruise dont ever have the car out of sight. lol

I repoed cars cars for a long time and there was not much that stopped us except a gun.Get the club and we have the club buster.We have the lock twister. break the chrome ignition handle and this tool taps on end of tumbler and twists it and starts car.We usally use the dynamic and we are gone in less than 30 seconds.As for alarms set one off in Chicago and see if anyone notices.Cordless drill takes care of battery. little crazy but it works.If you have linelock apply the the fronts when you park it. dont know if that can be done but if someone tried towing with a hook it will pull it right off the truck when they take off.because you know they are going to hook it from the back.never leave it unattended

Best security is: Good Insurance! If someone wants your car badly enough, They will get it.

As far as security devices go, I have a Steadfast column guard on my car. I have heard very good things about these here and elsewhere. Unless a thief puts my car on a flatbed or changes out the steering column- They aren't going to be driving my car away.

John

so basically the best alarm out there on the market is the owner watching the car 24/7...it seems very true as i read this great advice

That Ravelco site has a very good suggestion in the FAQ section:

6.) WHAT HAPPENS IF A TOW TRUCK TRIES TO STEAL MY VEHICLE?

If you follow these two simple steps when you leave your vehicle, they can't!

a.) Remove the RAVELCO plug from your system.

b.) When you park your vehicle, turn your wheels all the way to the left or right and lock your steering column. In the event a tow truck tries to steal your vehicle, the angle of the wheels will make your vehicle track in a big circle. This attracts attention . . . and no tow truck driver wants to tow a vehicle that is traveling beside them two lanes away! This will make the tow truck driver look for an easier target.

Turning the wheels isn't going to stop them from putting it on a flatbed...as suggested put several different deterents on it...that's all you can do...try to deter someone...as stated if they really want it...it's gone...

It wont stop someone from flat bedding it, but if you take the ecm in the house or with you while its parked. Nothing they do will make it start, unless they have an ecm ;)

It wont stop someone from flat bedding it, but if you take the ecm in the house or with you while its parked. Nothing they do will make it start, unless they have an ecm. No cost either ;)

I would do a kill switch or ravelco and a gps system to recover my car. Especially good for towing, etc.

I like this one the best because no fees unless you use it.

HOME