What is E95?

To the OP -- you did not mention but I am assuming you were considering buying the E95 (nowdays E98 unless the E95 is really medical/industrial grade-often with methanol for the denaturant) and cutting it with pump grade gas down to E85. Up to a couple of years ago fuel grade denatured ethanol could be 2-5 % natural gasoline denaturant but no longer- now it is always 2% (E98) and fuel grade always will contain the required corrosion inhibitor/ph balance- nothing else needed. Sorry to hear where you are that $7 is the price- that is almost 2 1/2 to 3 X what fuel grade E98 goes for railed at wholesale to your area. I hope you can find a station closer to your area. Buying stuff in drums can get expensive for a street car due to the drum cost, handling, and freight.

At this website I only see about 37 in the whole state of PA- a bit on the sparse side yet;

E85 Prices Pennsylvania -----CLICK ON THE LITTLE "STATE STATIONS" TAB FOR FULL LIST

There are several other websites listing stations but naturally there will be overlap in most of the listed stations.

I'll watch the thread tomorrow to see if you have more questions.:cool:

As for E85 stations..Their is one about 35 miles away...My buddy talked to the guy who runs the station and he is really cool...knows when it's 70% winter blend and when they make the change to true 85% blend and he has no problem w/ me filling up multiple red gas cans so at least for this year, I'm just going to run that way. It's an inconveience but only maybe once a month, after reading and reading just seems the benefits of E85 outweigh the negatives.....price of E85 at this station is $2.90/gallon...I can live with that :) Now to Walmart for 10 gas cans!

Now to Walmart for 10 gas cans!

I do the 5 gallon can thing for e85 - dont go buy new gas cans - the new ones have safety nozzles that suck to pour into a car ( I hate when I grab the wrong ones) its in the last couple years they changed them all

find some good old ones at a yard sale craigs list ,etc... or buy a couple fuel jugs from summit racing or similar that you can put a section of hose on that fits in your fuel filler neck ( like the ones you probably use when you buy it at the track)

Not all gas cans hold E85 well....you might want to give summit a call to make sure those will work well.....from the description "Notes For use with unleaded gasoline only. Ripper cap included."

I have too much free time....just called summit and the guy I talked to said "my roommate uses regular plastic gas cans and has had it in there for three months and hasn't had any problems"

They will be fine...their made out of the same junk other polyetehelene gas cans are made out of and from what i've read around the web, whether it's right or not....everyone uses them.....their not going to be "storing" more than 45 days anyways when the weather breaks and I actually use them.

Bob - You can store the cans at my house since the e-85 station is less than 1 mile from my house. I'll need them to fill up my beast!

Get ready for my e-85 fuel system conversion install - I'm sold now!

Bill

Bob - You can store the cans at my house since the e-85 station is less than 1 mile from my house. I'll need them to fill up my beast!

Get ready for my e-85 fuel system conversion install - I'm sold now!

Bill

oh goodie :eek: .........this should get interesting :biggrin:

I think he was talking to the guy who called summit :D

I missed that someone had called summit , makes sense now :redface:

I thought he meant good call that I mentioned summit for fuel jugs oh well... worked out good though Wal Mart doesnt except summit bucks :wink:

I missed that someone had called summit , makes sense now :redface:

I thought he meant good call that I mentioned summit for fuel jugs oh well... worked out good though Wal Mart doesnt except summit bucks :wink:

To err is human - there are no exceptions :D

He didn't "err" ....He gave me the idea of Summit, I forgot I had all these gift cards (summitbucks) until he mentioned Summit... so it made the choice of spending $400 on gas cans....(that still hurts a bit :eek: ..but the summitbucks helped...) ...that much more pallettable :) So...they both helped, because I wouldn't of called Summit to find out about the E85 being OK so now a brotha' has some peace of mind too :D

On another note...I tried starting her up tonight in my garage (heated to 50 degrees always...) and no go after 2 fairly long cranks (then I gave up) I gotta figure out a solution to that...maybe a lil gas spray into the TB or something when it's cold here because it's going to get annoying!

Firechaser said:
I am just exhausting my options Brett, the car runs perfect right now and I am a major fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" so....I gotta try. Even at 20-22lbs of boost their is always a chance of detonating versus the E85 so I am still on the fence....

.... E85 is not going to save you Bob, you and your ride are going down this year. :eek: :wink:

Here is a very good thread for you to check out, as it documents the usage of E85 from back in 2005 up until the present. It is a very good read Bob, with loads of speculation in the beginning, arguments presented by other members throughout, then final conclusions in the end. Good luck with the new ride, I can't wait to see it in person.... :)

1000rwhp with $2 fuel? E85 is pretty cool stuff.

.... E85 is not going to save you Bob, you and your ride are going down this year.

Here is a very good thread for you to check out, as it documents the usage of E85 from back in 2005 up until the present. It is a very good read Bob, with loads of speculation in the beginning, arguments presented by other members throughout, then final conclusions in the end. Good luck with the new ride, I can't wait to see it in person....

1000rwhp with $2 fuel? E85 is pretty cool stuff.

Who is this? ....I need a name to add you to my "kill" list, you will be spot
# (6) on the list :biggrin: