What do you think of this car (truck)?

Kevin, I was going to email you and tell you about that one. I think its a good deal. I would buy it just cause its unique. Would he trade for your car? If so do it. Its a sleeper!

Do you play the lottery:p

haha yeah thats what I figured...

Jason: I am interested in it and am contacting him about a trade as we speak. I also had an offer on my car (less than what I wanted, but an offer nonetheless) so maybe he will take a little less cash than he's asking.

Try it cash talks these days. I think its nice but then again its pictures.Your LS-1 is really nice. Somebody will be happy.

Got in touch with the guy and am getting ready to send him some pics and info on my car (for a trade). I'm not familiar with hybrids at all so if/when I go to check this truck out what/where should I look for?

Kevin make sure all electrical works lights,blinkers,breaklights,ac,radio.You know the motor pretty well seeing you had your We4. Drive it around city and highway see what they had to cut out to squeeze the motor in. everything looked crunched up in there. It does look good.

Spoke with the guy today and he did the swap with his brother. He said he is a mechanic and has his own shop...has done other swaps on imports and stuff. His english is not great which could explain the poor typing/grammar in the CL ad. Either way, from what I could understand he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

If ANYONE has any $.02 to lend please do so. I think this truck is cool but I am the first to admit I can be gullible and "taken" so to say. We plan to meet up tomorrow and if I like it I will try to find someone locally to go check it out with me again. Thanks!

Got a flat tire this morning :mad: so I didn't get to go check it out

In the mean time I would LOVE some input on the car from you guys! I know its hard to tell with just 4 pics and basically no description but even if its a comment on the idea/chances of the car being problem-free etc. let's hear it!!!

what about the rear end

from what little i know about swapping bigger more higher HP engines i was always under the impression that you needed to do some rear end work or you may tear it up. just some of my lil ol 02, sure he may have a shop but how reputable is it. heck a shade tree mechanic can do most of that work and take all kinds of short cuts.

from what little i know about swapping bigger more higher HP engines i was always under the impression that you needed to do some rear end work or you may tear it up. just some of my lil ol 02, sure he may have a shop but how reputable is it. heck a shade tree mechanic can do most of that work and take all kinds of short cuts.

I was thinking about the same thing, but did a Google search (God's gift to the human species) and found some s10 forums with a handful of guys that did these swaps. One specifically mentioned beefing up the rear end but the guy who did it says its held up fine for years...?

Def. something I was planning on asking the owner of the truck though! Thanks!

My thinking is, for that kind of cash you can probably get a TType or GN in decent shape that's -not- a swap, or a Typhoon/Syclone that's also not a swap but in good shape.

Just my .02. I think this is a kickass swap and I applaud it, but there's no way in heck I'd drop 10 large on it.

My thinking is, for that kind of cash you can probably get a TType or GN in decent shape that's -not- a swap, or a Typhoon/Syclone that's also not a swap but in good shape.

Just my .02. I think this is a kickass swap and I applaud it, but there's no way in heck I'd drop 10 large on it.

Ok well what's a ballpark price you think its worth?

I was heavily considering a SyTy but I keep hearing that once you mod it you cant rely on it, and I dont want to deal with that...

Oh and just so i'm clear - I wouldn't be buying it for $10,500 I would be trading my 1998 Pontiac Formula for it.

Ok well what's a ballpark price you think its worth?

I was heavily considering a SyTy but I keep hearing that once you mod it you cant rely on it, and I dont want to deal with that...

That's hard to say without seeing it in person. My logic goes like this: a 98 S10 is worth peanuts, maybe what, $2500? A GN drivetrain is worth maybe $3K or so? The labor to do the swap another $1000-1500 so I'd say it'd be hard to justify more than 6 or 7K for it. Sure it's a nice sleeper but it's still just a 98 S10 with a swap, the turbo setup is nice and obviously fast but if this were a 98 S10 with a fairly hot small block in it it'd be worth little more than a "normal" S10 so how much does the turbo buick drivetrain really add to it? However like anything else, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

As for the SyTy's I think they suffer from the same problem that any other modded vehicle does, they're modded for more performance, because the owner wants to drive it harder, they drive it harder, it breaks, therefore it's unreliable.

As for the SyTy's I think they suffer from the same problem that any other modded vehicle does, they're modded for more performance, because the owner wants to drive it harder, they drive it harder, it breaks, therefore it's unreliable.

I'm definately not one to "beat on" my car (because I know I wont have the money to fix it if it breaks) but my Buick had its fair share of mods and I never had 1 problem with it other than a bad TPS. On the other hand, I have been hearing a lot (even have been talking with Adam - admin of SyTy.net) that if you do basically anything to a SyTy you cant count on it for $hit, regardless of how "hard" or "soft" you drive it...direct quote from numerous people was that they are "maintenence whores."

...thanks a lot for the input though I really appreciate it. I really really like this truck so maybe I will print out you're post and use it as a "cheat sheet" to haggle with the guy lol.