What do you think itll run???

Josh Beacock

I have a stock motor bored .030 over alky, 60lb Injectors, ta60 turbo @ 22psi with no knock, 3 inch rjc DP into 3" test pipe into 4" rjc exhaust, stock tranny and converter, scanmaster, turbo tweak chip to mods, Hotwire kit, stock intercooler

Any idea of what I would run in the 1/4??? Just tying to get some ideas thanks all info is appreciated

What tires do you have? It sounds like a good setup, it really depends a lot on how much boost you can leave with on the stock converter. If everything is working good together and it spools decent I say down in the 12's.

I have a stock motor and ta60 and at 23 psi I ran a 12.5 on street tires and a 12.1 on drag radials and a bad launch. I have a 3200 stall but couldn't hold boost at the line on drag radials. On street tires I just gradually eased the gas to the floor and still spun a little. I also have a stretch slic but at this level I don't think it matters much. I'd say low 12's for sure. Possibly high 11's with a good 60' (maybe turn the boost up a little more).

HouTX87 said:
I have a stock motor and ta60 and at 23 psi I ran a 12.5 on street tires and a 12.1 on drag radials and a bad launch. I have a 3200 stall but couldn't hold boost at the line on drag radials. On street tires I just gradually eased the gas to the floor and still spun a little. I also have a stretch slic but at this level I don't think it matters much. I'd say low 12's for sure. Possibly high 11's with a good 60' (maybe turn the boost up a little more).

Ok cool thanks brother! That's about my goal I want to just be an 11 sec daily driver thanks for the info

No problem. Nice to see guys with similar combos. I'm hoping to confirm some 11 sec times soon myself. Been pretty busy on the car since last time at the track.

HouTX87 said:
No problem. Nice to see guys with similar combos. I'm hoping to confirm some 11 sec times soon myself. Been pretty busy on the car since last time at the track.

Yeah it's pretty cool that were running similar combos. Sweet so I bet you can't wait to get that beast down the 1320!

I ran a 12.30 @ 109 with a 1.91 60 ft on hoosiers. Mods in sig. stock downpipe through a set of "turbo" mufflers ( previous owner installed, upgrading exhaust next)

Edit: Forgot to mention that was with a stock 125k mile transmission that has since been replaced.

MonstrNrgy said:
I ran a 12.30 @ 109 with a 1.91 60 ft on hoosiers. Mods in sig. stock downpipe through a set of "turbo" mufflers ( previous owner installed, upgrading exhaust next)

Edit: Forgot to mention that was with a stock 125k mile transmission that has since been replaced.

Sweet yeah I need to upgrade my tranny too it's the original one lol

Street tires ? No cam or head work ? High 12 if the trans don't slip! Good luck!

Oh forgot may not make a difference but I also have an adjustable FPR and a rjc power plate, 160 degree therm, 4 inch CAI with K&N filter

Josh Beacock said:
Oh forgot may not make a difference but I also have an adjustable FPR and a rjc power plate, 160 degree therm, 4 inch CAI with K&N filter

Well that changes everything. 12.47 with a 1.75 60" :)

Josh Beacock said:
Haha I knew it would lol. Hey bison I sent you a pm don't know if you got it? Lmk thanks man

Just replied

Man! things must have gotten crappier in the last few years! mid 12's???? My old beater 86 ran 11.6 @ 117 running a Bone stock long block with nothing more than a small turbo (TE44), MSD 50's, FMIC, and crappy DR's. You should be making way more power than I was. I retired it last year, but before I did that (same everything), I ran it on straight 93 octane, and real street tires (Firestone Firehawks), boost pulled back to 20#, and ran 12.5's in that trim.

Of course once you turn up the wick and start dipping into the 11's your stock tranny is going to give up the ghost in short order.

You've got more than enough turbo and injector to get you into the mid 11's but your stock IC is going to be limiting factor as to how much boost you can run even with the alky.

Good luck on your quest!

TurboDave said:
Man! things must have gotten crappier in the last few years! mid 12's???? My old beater 86 ran 11.6 @ 117 running a Bone stock long block with nothing more than a small turbo (TE44), MSD 50's, FMIC, and crappy DR's. You should be making way more power than I was. I retired it last year, but before I did that (same everything), I ran it on straight 93 octane, and real street tires (Firestone Firehawks), boost pulled back to 20#, and ran 12.5's in that trim.

Of course once you turn up the wick and start dipping into the 11's your stock tranny is going to give up the ghost in short order.

You've got more than enough turbo and injector to get you into the mid 11's but your stock IC is going to be limiting factor as to how much boost you can run even with the alky.

Good luck on your quest!

Nice I'm glad to hear that 11s is all I want for the street as its my dd car. Yeah I would like to upgrade to a FMIC soon and have my trannys built but short on funds ATM but ill get there. Thanks Dave appreciate it!