What did you do to your GN today?

Drove her to work today, and I have a weird boost situation going on...Mike

Dumped a 1/2 cup of coffee into the passenger seat... so I'm shampooing today. Dammit
d14128af8c20731cf8abc502209e46d0.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.

Got the A/C working again. 33deg out of the middle vent. The orifice tube was in backwards and the oring that seals that joint looked like a dog chewed on it. New oring, orifice tube, and 3 cans of R134a and it's nice and cool. Also gave it a bath and took it for a cruise after about 4 months sitting. Wow, this car never ceases to amaze me. Stopped at the gas station and and had a lady say "that's a nice car you have there" and turned to a guy and said "that's the kind of car I want". Compliments are cool but make me watch my rearview mirror all the way home.

Engine complete and stayed up last night and got it stabbed back in. Now when i do have time i will be doing all the little stuff!

Attachments

• 2016-04-30 6.jpg
    2016-04-30 6.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 196
  • 2016-05-01 1.jpg
    2016-05-01 1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 2016-05-18 4.jpg
    2016-05-18 4.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 166
  • 2016-05-18 5.jpg
    2016-05-18 5.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 141
  • 2016-05-18 8.jpg
    2016-05-18 8.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 162
  • 2016-05-18 9.jpg
    2016-05-18 9.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 173
  • 2016-05-18 10.jpg
    2016-05-18 10.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 146
Just received & opened 2 large boxes from ALRADCO.

One new radiator.

One new hybrid dual fan system.

I've been searching for & reading up on where to mount the fan relays. I'd like to mount them down low & out of sight, but it sounds like the power & ground wires may not be long enough if I do that.

Anyone have any advice on fan relay mounting & wiring?

Thank you

Just received & opened 2 large boxes from ALRADCO.

One new radiator.

One new hybrid dual fan system.

I've been searching for & reading up on where to mount the fan relays. I'd like to mount them down low & out of sight, but it sounds like the power & ground wires may not be long enough if I do that.

Anyone have any advice on fan relay mounting & wiring?

Thank you
I mounted the relays on the bottom of my Alradco dual fans. No issues with wire length. Mine just makes it to the battery.

I mounted the relays on the bottom of my Alradco dual fans. No issues with wire length. Mine just makes it to the battery.

Good to know. Thank you.

I was looking at the wiring harness & it appears to be on the short side. I have yet to mock it up though.

Good to know. Thank you.

I was looking at the wiring harness & it appears to be on the short side. I have yet to mock it up though.
I recall thinking the same thing when I was eyeballing the harness but it worked out. I mounted the relays about middle of the 2 fans at the very bottom. Took out a couple of fan screws to slide the metal tab of the relay If you mount them more towards the driver side (bottom) then I can see where you might come up short. You could also go the the alternator as an option...

Started up the GN after finishing up everything. Started right away and had it idle B/T 1500 and 2500 RPMS for about 20-25 minutes to break in new lifter on a 214 cam. All is running great. Have not gotten into the boost but have let it hit maybe 2 lbs at times. Drove it this weekend and today and have about 100 mile on it. But now the darn rear seal is dripping again. I used NEOPRENE REAR MAIN SEAL 6548 and set it 1/4" on each side. Any ideas? If i do redo it i will do it with the engine in car.

Since alot of people are off from work for the Holidays, I thought some of you guys spent some time working on your GN...So What did you do today? As for me i pulled the engine getting ready for another rebuild and when the rebuild is done i will be installing a Razor Alky, Racetronix Double pumper and a new Transmission...
I went food shopping and parked a quarter mile away in the lot and by the time I was done it was surrounded by 6 ricers remember " friends don't let friends drive ricers"

Got this sticker to keep people off my ass.

f421c23447e6314cfe0be717ed8e4baa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Charged the AC yesterday. Got nice cold air now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripped off all my Ttop seals and panels. Cleaned up the rusty areas, refurb some parts, bought replacement pieces. Slapped it all together without sealing the weatherstripping in time for vacation trip. Then drove across the state of Washington with the Ttops trying to fly off the "taped on only" center spline bar LOL. Damn that air flow gets really loud. Tomorrow hope to fix that. Then on to adjusting side windows in time before Turbo Thunder. Might be exploding some ttop glass at 120Mon down the drag strip.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Stripped off all my Ttop seals and panels. Cleaned up the rusty areas, refurb some parts, bought replacement pieces. Slapped it all together without sealing the weatherstripping in time for vacation trip. Then drove across the state of Washington with the Ttops trying to fly off the "taped on only" center spline bar LOL. Damn that air flow gets really loud. Tomorrow hope to fix that. Then on to adjusting side windows in time before Turbo Thunder. Might be exploding some ttop glass at 120Mon down the drag strip.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
LMAO!!

Well done. :D

Pulled off the exhaust headers to replace the gaskets and get the driver side rewelded.

705ae8912e5a6044b8be8adf6773cab3.jpg

How I got a tricky bolt out.

1ee9ef1b0fd8972158fbdc98eec695a5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk