What did you do to your GN today?

Out for clean, paint, oil change reseal and brake lines. Then new arms, bushings, shocks, springs and universals upon install.

e32f765c4f897e0c290528e2e127c566.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.
Ready to go back in.

a3fbbf80aec8e224a39203cde195f0f7.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.

Drove my GN home from the body shop without the trunk and after putting the trunk back on (was painted last year) noticed I put a small outie dent in it. Somehow the trunk hinge contacted the trunk skin. Totally ruined my day

Drove my GN home from the body shop without the trunk and after putting the trunk back on (was painted last year) noticed I put a small outie dent in it. Somehow the trunk hinge contacted the trunk skin. Totally ruined my day

On Saturday I started transmission pressure checks & break-in on jack stands , then 1-2 shifts up and down the driveway . I need to get more E85 in the tank to take it for it's on-road break in .

Oh...... It's a good day. Helped my mechanic change out the old and badly worn body bushings using the complete rubber kit from Kirban's. And he didn't even charge me extra for helping him!
I got an education as an added benefit.
Even though my car only has 31k miles on it, quite a few had fallen out. Driver's side only had two in place ... And they were in really bad shape. Whoodahthunkit. Needless to say, quite a noticeable difference in handling and less body squeaks. Next, the GNX brace.

Kind of an update....

New rubber body bushings, Sc&c front triangular chassis brace, umi rear upper shock brace, today swapped out the defective ebrake assembly ( thank you m233roller for a very nice quality part), and installed TinMan' s GNX back seat brace ( another *nice* part ).
I think I've spent more money on my GN than I did on my airplane........but it sure drives nice!!!! Nary a rattle or squeak..
Next, vacuum brake swap....

Finally back up and running after cracking a piston in bowling green. Installed engine this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbb4230bc4d46945a15a577f2631964a.jpg

Been driving it for 5 days so far this season after a long winter of cleaning and freshening up. Boxed the frame and control arms, all new body mounts, suspension bushings, shocks, fuel and brake lines, vacuum conversion. New oil pump, bearings, timing chain. Had Dave rebuild the trans with his 3021 converter. Spoolfool fillers, blah blah blah. Car running great. Loaded powerlogger onto a newer laptop, old one would only hold a charge for 15 minutes after sitting all winter. Trying to get the new Scanmaster G to communicate with either the powerlogger or the phone, no luck yet. It works but I can't get the logs from it or view by bluetooth. Bolted the MT drag radials on and took it for a spin. Drove 6 miles to get everything warm. Did my first wot pass, done a few from 20-60, but not much more than that. Brake boosted to about 5 psi and let off. TIres instantly up in smoke and went sideway like I was leaving Mustang week with a crowd waiting to get hit, but was able to keep it straight. Pulled great , no knock, fuel trim was good. Then all of a sudden heard detonation. Instantly let off. Went to accelerate again and blue smoke and skipping. Scanmaster read 14.3 deg at 91 mph. Powerloger starts beeping and cascading 100 messages about quick safe having a error, then "Powerlogger must shut down" so I slammed it shut like Paul Walker in "The Gay and the Curious". Nursed it home. Oil everywhere on the passenger side. Pulled the plugs, #4 is hurt. I'm guessing I cracked a piston. Given that I can't pull the logs from the G, and the powerlogger shut down without saving, I have no idea what happened. Always great when you spend all that money on stuff to protect yourself and it malfunctions when you need it. Well, that was a short season. I'll be calling State Farm tomorrow and suspending the insurance.

Worked on getting the AC compressor back on my car after taking if off 2 months ago for replacement. Lost one thru bolt, found one that would work... got it installed, moved onto alternator, then when plugging in the AC clutch coil i discover the electrical connector is in the wrong place. It's tool close to the Y shaped alt bracket. DAMMIT! I'm never gonna get this thing put back together. Anyone know if the clutch can be moved/rotated to cure this ?

Yep, borrowed the tools from work and rotated the magnet. Alls good so far.... Recharge tomorrow

Painted the intake and turbo sheild. Replaced the intake manifold gaskets, turbo drain gasket and all heater hoses and the s and z hose. Getting ready for alky next weekend.

7d2ac94566d764ca04edbc4813ce62cb.jpg
9e922706a7b95f470a8e2b379d53a01e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Well... Not near as ambitious as many of the great looking projects shown...

I changed the oil, filter & plugs.

Soon will be a new radiator, dual fan upgrade & RMI-25. Followed by a 3" down-pipe & Pypes 2.5" dual exhaust system.

Then I will have to start the saving process again.

I just need to replace the valve springs and I will be done for the year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk