What are you guys using to monitor Fuel Pressure?

87chrisss

BLUBYU
are you guys using the gauge on the hood or the fuel injection pressure tester big gauge that can be tucked away in the engine, i have used a hood mounted gauge its ok i guess..looks so damn race carish.....anyways ive used a $20 rail mounted liquid gauge worst money i ever spent cant see chit while driving, my buddy just has a regular fuel inj. pressure tester he bought @ local parts store , screws into the rail and he tucks it away near brake booster, not sure what to do this time around? the parts store gauges look kinda cheap to be honest

If you dont like the look of a hood mounted gauge get a good liquid filled gauge and an extension hose long enough to reach the windshield and tape it to the windshield for testing while driving.

Bryan

I had a liquid filled with the extension hose. I now have Autometer Elite electric for the hood.

Bryan

How about one of the dual readout digital gauges. Put the sender on the rail and wire it back to the gauge in the car. Mount it on an "A" pillar pod. Can get a FP and Boost gauge. It's nice to watch the fp rise for every lb of boost. You get used to it fairly easily and it becomes habit to glance at it and make sure everything is ok. You can get an oil pressure and water temp gauge. You can set a low o.p setting or a high water temp setting and a light will come on within the gauge to alert you something is wrong. I get 6 readings in a 3 gauge pillar pod on my Sy and Ty.

AEM Analog Fuel Pressure Gauge 0-100psi.

Mounted inside the car......was the closest thing I could find to match my VDO gauges........didn't want all the flashing lights on their other model utilizing LED's. Comes with transducer & everything .

http://www.aemelectronics.com/fuel-...g-face-1137?osCsid=15hoppa4jd519fs3rjkagipof4

AEM Analog FP 0-100psi.jpg

I mounted a Cyberdine electric on the pillar.

It appears to be accurate enough for a daily driver.

When the TR quit due to a blown fuse, the FP gauge saved me a lot of troubleshooting - only had to find the short.

I use an autometer electric and verify its accurate with a mechanical gauge from time to time at the rail. You can also log fuel pressure to powerlogger with an electric gauge.

i run the revolution electric guage inside the car.you can create your own with them so its not an eyesore to look at.

We put one under the wiper.. go for a blast an make sure everything is ok.. then it comes off an goes in the cabinet in the garage.:cool: Hate hood mounted anything.. Cops like them !! :rolleyes:

I use a teflon, braided ss hose with a small glycerin-filled grade "A" gauge. I tuck it under the wiper. It doesn't draw attention. I used to make and sell these years ago on this forum. I may make and offer them again.

I mounted a Cyberdine electric on the pillar.

It appears to be accurate enough for a daily driver.

When the TR quit due to a blown fuse, the FP gauge saved me a lot of troubleshooting - only had to find the short.

I just bought a Cyberdyne Blue Ice FP guage w/sender -
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CYB-A011E351Y/

I'm not a huge fan of the blue LED look - But I got a good price, and I hope I can split the sender signal into Powerlogger?

Does anyone know if the Cyberdyne senders work with powerlogger?

I have the autometer gauge that is right next to my wideband in the console. It uses a sending unit and it tee's off the fuel rail next to my rail mounted gauge. Both are useful in my opinion.

How about one of the dual readout digital gauges. Put the sender on the rail and wire it back to the gauge in the car. Mount it on an "A" pillar pod. Can get a FP and Boost gauge. It's nice to watch the fp rise for every lb of boost. You get used to it fairly easily and it becomes habit to glance at it and make sure everything is ok. You can get an oil pressure and water temp gauge. You can set a low o.p setting or a high water temp setting and a light will come on within the gauge to alert you something is wrong. I get 6 readings in a 3 gauge pillar pod on my Sy and Ty.
Are you at liberty to post up part numbers or a link? I'm unfamiliar with what you're speaking of.

i guess i just like gauges im just old school i guess with my 3 pillar pod 2 in the t top no dril tach mount fp gauge on the hood and scan master on to of heater control