What are these, anyone know?

underpressure2

I got these at Bowling Green aren't they for underneath the radiator. And does anyone know who made them?

Attachments

• buick parts for ebay 038.jpg
    buick parts for ebay 038.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 618
  • buick parts for ebay 041.jpg
    buick parts for ebay 041.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 613
Yes, those are ATR's front end pressurization kit. Two side pieces and a bottom piece that when assembled properly they enclose the front end and direct all air entering the grill to be forced through the radiator.

Dibbs if you want to sell the kit at a reasonable value.

Yes, those are ATR's front end pressurization kit. Two side pieces and a bottom piece that when assembled properly they enclose the front end and direct all air entering the grill to be forced through the radiator.

Dibbs if you want to sell the kit at a reasonable value.

Kenne-Bell copied the ones from ATR, just like his headers. BUT.....HIS kit was worth 2 tenths and 2 mph.;) :biggrin:

(just kidding, I don't think K-B offerd those.):p

I wonder if they worked any better than the factory tarpaper pieces? All ATR did is copy what GM did on the front of a MCSS. If you look behind the bumper cover you'll see a massive sheetmetal duct.

I read that ATR lost the patterns for those when they moved from CA to SC, so they haven't been available for years and years - might be worth the effort to make some tracings and drawings if anyone is interested in making copies.

ATR Rad Pressurization Kit

I read that ATR lost the patterns for those when they moved from CA to SC, so they haven't been available for years and years - might be worth the effort to make some tracings and drawings if anyone is interested in making copies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd be interested in a set of these if someone was able to trace them out and make up some copies.

Dave

At least trace them out before the install. That way there are options for making more sets available to the guys. Thanks!

worth

How much are these worth because I am thinking of selling my car and I don't think I am going to put them on. Thankyou

ATR Rad Pressurization Kit

How much are these worth because I am thinking of selling my car and I don't think I am going to put them on. Thankyou

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

sent you a pm

Dave

I guess being first in line doesn't mean much around here. :frown:

That's okay dave! I have a complete set already in the works and the prototypes should be finished in about a week or so. :biggrin:
The one's Iv'e done will first be for the stock set up that anyone can modify.
Maybe I will do a second set that will fit front mount's & oil,trans coolers.

My kit will also come with a radiator fan isolator. This will be for blocking off the gap between your fan & radiator to allow for your fan to pull 100% of it's CFM through the radiator.

Scot W.

Damn Scott, you are going to end up being a vendor if you don't watch out LOL:biggrin:

Thanks for all the input. I will most likely give them to whoever buys my car. If I ever sell it.
What material would you use as a template?

Posterboard would be dimensionally stable and durable, or some of that heavy packing paper available in 3' width.

That's okay dave! I have a complete set already in the works and the prototypes should be finished in about a week or so. :biggrin:
The one's Iv'e done will first be for the stock set up that anyone can modify.
Maybe I will do a second set that will fit front mount's & oil,trans coolers.

My kit will also come with a radiator fan isolator. This will be for blocking off the gap between your fan & radiator to allow for your fan to pull 100% of it's CFM through the radiator.

Scot W.

Im in! I have a RJC megacooler, oil and trans coolers. This will prob be better than the 1/2 of a rubbermaid grabage can (center scoop) and misc. screwed together plastic sheets behind my bumper:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 136.jpg
    Picture 136.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 225
Im in! I have a RJC megacooler, oil and trans coolers. This will prob be better than the 1/2 of a rubbermaid grabage can (center scoop) and misc. screwed together plastic sheets behind my bumper:eek:
I may just send Jason a set so he can modify them to fit his coolers! ;)

I started this project three weeks ago or so after I done my F-body radiator swap. I seen there was a HUGE gap where air could come through the grille and be wasted. Plus it looks alot cleaner having it all boxed in and Functional..

I'm planning on using Aluminum so it can either be polished or painted and still be light as possible.

(Turbo Dave & Excessive) have both seen these patterns in person... Finished product should be on my car soon.. :)

Scot W.